Best Protein Bars

Which brands and flavours of protein bars do y’all like?

I usually shoot for a minimum of 20g protein and less than 5g sugar when I shop for them. The only ones I’ve been able to find and like are the Quest and One bars.

Thanks!

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Fit Crunch bars are really good imo!

h9klngk32pov.png

https://amzn.to/3cakkrr
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    You're reading my mind. I just ordered some protein bars because I'm weary of protein powder. I needed some snackity items.

ma6gql7r2qd7.png

I ordered 4 different flavors.

• Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    edited May 2020
    Kirkland protein bars are great! 21grams of protein and they taste pretty good.
  • Diatonic12
    @cmcollard I know mine were lower in protein than what you're looking for but I just can't handle maltitol very well. :# I gave my boss some sugar free jelly belly beans and he's never forgiven me to this day. I gave him a large bag before a really long road trip and he had to stop at every rest area along the way. He had the trots for days on end. :#
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited May 2020
    Another vote for FitCrunch. I have tried a ridiculous number of bars and these are my favorite hands down. I just got a variety pack with chocolate peanut butter, mint, and lemon. I was surprised at the palatability of the lemon - usually white bars taste like chalk, or worse, but these were, for a protein bar, superlative.

Mint might be my fav, though. I have them for dessert at bedtime when I'm cutting.

ctg4j4395pow.jpg

ETA: I appreciate that fitcrunch bars come in two sizes - regular for ~380 calories/30g protein and snack size for ~190 calories/16g protein.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    You're reading my mind. I just ordered some protein bars because I'm weary of protein powder. I needed some snackity items.

ma6gql7r2qd7.png

I ordered 4 different flavors.

These are my FAVORITE!
  • Diatonic12
    @VegjoyP

You're the Yee to my Haw. Ditto. <3
    ruqbm0adwct1.png

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like pure protein in peanut butter or dark chocolate coconut. Costco has their own brand, Kirkland's protein bars, that are like quest bars, but cheaper.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    @VegjoyP

ruqbm0adwct1.png

:) Have you tried Julian Bakery Pegan bars? Believe me, GOL are better IMO however these are good- plant based, no sugar, high protein and chewy, under 200 calories a bar.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    @VegjoyP

ruqbm0adwct1.png

:) Have you tried Julian Bakery Pegan bars? Believe me, GOL are better IMO however these are good- plant based, no sugar, high protein and chewy, under 200 calories a bar.

Agreed. Julian Bakery Sweet Cream are my absolute favorite.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Built Bars. Flavor: mocha.
    110 calories
    15 grams protein.
  • sonex825
    sonex825 Posts: 7 Member
    I also use another app called Fooducate and it rates foods from A to D. As a result most of these bars get a C or lower and it has encouraged me to stay away from most of these brands. I think it was because of the added sugar (if I remember correctly). I haven't really found a bar that tastes good and gets a good grade. I'd LOVE to find one.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Pure Protein bars are AWESOME. great taste, around 180-210 calories for 19-20 g of protein, lots of fun flavors, and affordable if you look carefully on Amazon.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    RX Bars are my favourite! They’re a bit lower in protein (12g) but it’s just real food and not a bunch of weird stuff added. Plus they’re sweetened with dates so it’s a lower glycemic index. Plus they taste good!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Kirkland / Costco protein bars. They are good tasting, imo. Chewy, semi sweet, satisfying, 21g of protein for 190-200 calories. Few choices of flavors. I like peanut butter and cookie dough. Very affordable, too.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Kirkland / Costco protein bars. They are good tasting, imo. Chewy, semi sweet, satisfying, 21g of protein for 190-200 calories. Few choices of flavors. I like peanut butter and cookie dough. Very affordable, too.

The cookie dough is really good.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Quest hero are my favorite but very hard to find! I just ordered two boxes of the blueberry ones off Amazon and I'll try to conserve them 😆 the regular Quest bars are🤮 to me