The binge eater

Options
I can eat an entire family-sized bag of Doritos in just under a few hours. But I don't do that anymore. Not since I went into a deep depression over my wedding photos. I know it's silly and everyone said I was beautiful and all that bullsh** but I was astonished by how much weight I put on.

It wasn't how I wanted to look the day I married this amazing human. When I realized I had full control over my body this whole time and did nothing, there was no one to be mad at but myself. I decided to change everything.

I stopped drinking
I stopped smoking
I started meal planning
I started paying attention to everything I put in my mouth.

On my wedding anniversary this year, 9/13, I will(hopefully) be over 50 lbs lighter than I was on my wedding day. It may not seem like a big deal but when you look at 400+ pictures of yourself and see someone you don't recognize, it changes you.

Replies

• angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean.
  • hilla1996
    hilla1996 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Its truly amazing how food is what shapes our body.

I spent years training in the pool swimming for hours but my diet was out of control.

I would binge 2,3,4 thousand calories of bread and pasta and every sugary thing you can imagine.

I was so unproductive after these binges, my self esteem would plummet.

I still struggle and occasionally overeat (about 2x a week) but I try to utilize those calories in some way

Its not something that will ever come easily to me...wishing you the best of luck