Am I Actually Gaining Weight?

Options
I'm confused If I am gaining weight or not. Basically at 11 July I weighed 44.6 kg and at the moment weigh 49.0 kg. Given this is a significant difference, shouldn't my arms be bigger? I have noticed slight change in my arms but nothing big. Is this this normal for 4 kg weight gain?

Replies

• farmermariepier
    farmermariepier Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is your goal to gain weight?.... I am wondering if you have gained simply because you started training. And we never gain or lose at one place.... the weight will even out through out your body.
  • RhythmKnightx
    RhythmKnightx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yep I want to get to at least 60 kg. I workout roughly 4 days a week. I just expected my arms to be bigger with 4 kg gain. You are definitely right... its probably because the weight gain is distributed throughout my whole body as such I don't see much changes in my arms. May need to gain more weight to see difference.
  • cleopold4
    cleopold4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    James, first i see it on my belly, then my face, then more on my belly, then my back....and when I lose weight it goes back in the same sequence.

You only weigh 4 or 5 bags of potatoes.:-) If you eat more calories than you burn..you will gain weight.

Muscle will weigh more than fat, so you will not see the gain in the mirror, but you will on the scale,

Don't check every day, weight can vary a lot over a short period. Your real tally is monthly.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Take before and after photos, along with measurements of your muscles. That way, you can see your progress and know where all the weight is going.
  • RhythmKnightx
    RhythmKnightx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will measurements of my arms as well.