Does anyone else get 'Diet Grumps'

Options
Hey all, just wondering whether its me being grumpy or does everyone when they start a diet get grouchy. My other half got a gob full just because he asked me to walk the dog and wouldnt let me eat chocolate!

Is this normal? :-)

Replies

• statia152
    Options
    For me it was normal. I think the change in the diet and adding exercise shocks the body, but it doesn't last long. You're body will adjust and then you will be grumpy when you don't exercise!! Funny, huh? Keep going, you can do this. :)
  • slimdayle
    slimdayle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its very normal! Its your body reacting to being deprived of it's favourite food. So when you reduce your intake of carbs and sugar it gets cranky and lethargic for a few days but you'll wake up feeling fantastic when it goes away. Just don't give in!!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I will just power through and hopefully cheer up :-) Nothing is ever easy! xx
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im having one of these days today. Nothing anyone can say or do can snap me out of it. Im just going to sulk!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Working out will definitely help. It sets off endorphins in your body and just makes you feel good that's why it's called the feel good hormone. :) Try it and you'll see.
  • emj1978
    Options
    for me it is! It's just like quitting any bad habit, your body goes through a withdrawal period and then it adjusts itself and is ok if you can stick out that withdrawal period. It's kind of detoxing from junk. lol Drink lots of water to help flush yourself out quicker while you're hanging in and remember you are not alone!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'd give someone a gob full too if they wouldn't let me eat chocolate! But yeah...i think it's normal as your body basically goes through withdrawal.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You are probably always kinda a pain in the @ss... you are just noticing it more.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just Sayin
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    For me it was normal. I think the change in the diet and adding exercise shocks the body, but it doesn't last long. You're body will adjust and then you will be grumpy when you don't exercise!! Funny, huh? Keep going, you can do this. :)

I totally agree! My husband pointed out to me the other day that I'm in a much better mood when I exercise!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

^^ This. Yes, I am happier today because i am under calories till now and have exercised in the morning :)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've seen it called HANGRY on here...hungry and angry. I thought I was getting a double-shot of PMS and perimenopause, then I checked on it. Seems to get worse if I don't balance carbs/protein or if I wait too long to eat after working out.
  • statia152
    Options
    You are probably always kinda a pain in the @ss... you are just noticing it more.

Just Sayin

LOL funny Gotta love a man with a sense of humor. :smile:
  • gunther0013
    gunther0013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat smart not less. Fill your belly with things like a fresh large peach instead of chocolate. Only 68 calories for a sweet snack versus the 280 in chocolate. Plus fruit has fiber which will keep you satisfied longer. Good luck and take it easy on the old man.
  • rhiannonchallans
    Options
    Holy crap yes. I tell my housemate he has to be strict on me and not let me eat the bad stuff, but will quite happily tear him a new one if he so much as looks at me if I'm eating something I shouldn't. I think its called guilt lol.

I've now resorted to asking him to hide the bad stuff in his room where I won't go looking for it.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes! Exercise helps big time! It makes you feel happy!
  • Sam426f
    Sam426f Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree - I am a really moody cow when I first start out on a diet. But, it is also true that it doesn't last for long! I am now just as moody when my zumba class is cancelled or it is raining too hard to run on the road!

I can recommend a shapers hot chocolate, it is well under 100 calories and a good chocolate fix that'll soon get the smile back on your face!

Good luck :smile:
  • lizzue
    Options

Just Sayin

Ah cheers !! :laugh:
  • lizzue
    Options
    Thanks all at least it isnt just me! I will try and stop the anger but my mouth dont stop unless I am muching something :tongue: