Morbidly obese and Diabetic

Options
I ate lunch and dinner within 6 hr span

My blood sugar is 381 even after taking shot right before dinner

My body is heating up and joints are bothering me

I ask everyone to scan through my diary and tell brutal truth

Is what I'm.doing considered gluttony?

Why do you think I keep abusing my body and raising.blood sugar up with these unhealthy large amount of meals ?

Replies

• cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    You know I am not a nutrition expert at all and I struggle with sometimes craving foods that aren't healthy for me like chips or cookies. I personally have noticed that when I cut sugary or salty foods from my diet that I have begun to crave them less. I would say that you are such an honest and open person. I can tell that you are worried about hurting your health. Is there any way you could speak with a person trained in food/nutrition to give you guidance especially since you are worried about blood sugar levels. You are a young man at only 30 with a kind smile. You deserve a long happy and healthy life. I want to wish you well on your healthy journey. You did the right thing joining MFP. I know there are many people here with a wealth of expertise to help you devise a food plan. I want to wish you good luck. Even taking small steps like replacing one food choice with a healthier food choice is a good start. Drink water, go for walks as you can, start small and build success, don't see it as all or nothing. For example when I peeked at your food diary, I might suggest for example not eating white bread with your sandwich, sometimes instead of a sandwich I make a salad and put some chicken on it or turkey or tuna and not use bread. I hope this helps, I don't want to sound like I am giving you a lecture, just a friendly suggestion. Also know you aren't alone, lots of us struggle with weight, food choices, portions etc... Good luck.
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Instead of bread I have started to use the Ryvita crispbreads as a replacements for many things.
    I am infamous in my family for putting anything and everything into a sandwich so cutting the bread down to maybe one or two slices a week has been really hard.
    Also, watch those salad dressings mate. Some of them are absolutely loaded with calories!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with the comments about bread and salad dressing. I have changed from creamy salad dressings like ranch and goddess dressing to lower calorie red wine vinegar and a bit of olive oil a dash of salt and pepper and I add some avocado chunks onto the salad if I crave something creamy. Avocado has calories I just use a couple bits but it is a healthier choice. I am glad you like salads, for me the crunchiness slows down my eating. I don't have bread often but I use Dave's Killer Bread, thin sliced whole grain and seeds and it is I think 60 calories a slice. Since I don't eat it that often I keep it in the freezer so it doesn't go bad and I toast it, so good. These are the kinds of substitutions that may be helpful. Also sometimes I cook lentils and put it on my salad and I add just a few walnuts and just a few craisins (which are cranberries that are like raisins) just to give my salad some interest and texture if that makes sense. Also when I got started here I entered my height and weight and my activity level and how much I wanted to lose per week and it gave me calories that I should eat per day. I do try to measure and weigh all of my food which sounds like a pain but once you get used to it it is easy and that helps me with portion control. This may sound like information overload, but these small steps over time make a big difference. I do want to wish you well on your journey. As I said earlier, you are young and that really works in your favor to do these healthier substitutions now. We are here for you. Good luck. Again, no lectures or judgement just things that I have found to be helpful.
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    seems everything I have eaten lately is loaded

I hear you on that one mate.
    My attitude towards food was/is not good. I would eat, not because I was hungry but because it tasted nice.
    I am now in the wonderful situation of being the only one in the household trying to lose weight and there being all these yummy, high calorie snacks and food in the refrigerator!
    It is not easy, but then, nothing worthwhile ever is!
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    idk about gluttony ,but for a diabetic that's a lot of carbs you eat.If you have a Dr. ask them.I can have 60g carbs per meal ,minus fiber for net carbs. and 25 to 30 per snack.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,996 Member
    Options
    If you can find these Carb Balance Mission tortillas they make a good substitute for bread. I really like their chewiness. :blush:
    hsf31fa2a2zc.jpg