Quit smoking!

Options
I just joined today. I quit smoking and I smoked for 54 years. I tried so many times and failed but I didnt give up. And this time I was successful, having not smoked since June 1st. now I eat, eat, eat!!! Ive gained 41 pounds in just 2 months. Just 2 months ago I weighed 125 and my clothes were too big. I have to get myself under control.

Replies

• kerrgk28
    kerrgk28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    firstly well done on stopping smoking. I quite 2 years ago but only recently started eating any chance I got lol so trying to get in shape now with exercises most days and counting calories
  • amitgagal
    amitgagal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started smoking year ago and I was used to smoke weekly at once not daily..my friends warned me that you'll get addicted to smoking daily and it's really hard to quite smoke rather than drinking..I read lot of articles how dangerous smoking is and finally I quite smoking an week ago. Wish me a luck 🙃
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Great job quitting! I started smoking again after my divorce a year ago - it had been 23 years since I had a cigarette! I have recently tried quitting again, and have had one cig in 11 days. I’ve gained about 10 lbs since the holidays/covid/quitting - it all seems to run together. Anyways, good luck to everyone trying to quit!
  • Jackiefrost1013
    Jackiefrost1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 41 days ago and joined mfp. I’m down 20 pounds. It is a tough thing to do but it is possible. Congratulations on quitting to all of y’all! My advice is to get healthy snacks so when you do crave that cigarette and you go for food it will be healthy. Good luck to each of you! And you all are welcome to add me. 😁😁
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Decades ago I too quit smoking. I told myself that I would most likely gain weight...I accepted that possibility. Told myself I could always 'deal' with that later after I 'settled' the smoking situation.

My replacement for smoking was eating candy canes...I went through boxes of them! But it did work. And I don't really recall gaining anything 'crazy' in the process either.

Once you've really internalized your decision, it can be done!

Good luck to those going through it!