saynow111
saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
edited August 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
pjj4n3l5hv3w.png
Weight range which is From 114 kg to 117 kg
20 may I was 114 now I am 117
I was 137.8 until 20 may I become 114
Although I lost 20 kg I can't lose more
My main problem I drink fluids too much as beverages out of depression and suffer
And this of course increase my weight on scale
I also eat complex carb as much as I can and simple carb as little as I can
Protein is good sometime processed which is delicious and sometime unprocessed
Fats I restrict it but use it in moderation
So I am stuck here same weight range
Anyone give me a hand

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    All I can tell is what has worked for me. I don’t stress over complex versus simple. I try to meet my fat carb and protein macros but fail miserably. I can make protein, but usually fail to come close to the others.

BUT I try to stay within calories goals. I often fail miserably at that, too, however, I stay on top of it enough that I’ve lost 40% of my body weight.

I exercise regularly.

My “hand” to you would be:
    * set a reasonable calorie goal for your height and weight. Don’t go bananas and set it too low to get a “jump start”
    * Weight every bite, finger lick, scrap or morsel of food or sauce that crosses your lips. In grams. Don’t deal with cups and tablespoons. Do NOT guesstimate. That’s the ultimate oath to the dreaded plateau.
    * What are you drinking? You mention depression. I’m going to hazard a guess that some is alcohol. That carries a heavy calorie (among others) burden. Why do you think we use the term “beer belly”? Reel that in, and record it all whether it’s alcohol, soda, seeetened teas or whatever.
    * Monitor. Monitor everything: quality and quantity of food, your weight (hitting the scale at the same time each time for consistency) My weight bounced up a couple of pounds this month. I monitored my food diary and realized most my overages the past ninety days have been a particularly grocery chain baker’s cookies. I used to buy two from the self serve bin once every couple of weeks. But due to covid they now come prepackaged in bags of four. At about 450 calories per giant yummy cookie, that got outta hand real quick. At 3500 calories to make a pound, that was only eight (8!!!) cookies.
    * What are you eating? Instead of a bowl of ice cream can you eat a bowl of Greek yogurt with pudding mix for 1/3 the calories? Instead of crackers or chips, reach for a peice of fruit. Instead of French fries, order onion rings for half the calories.
    * Exercise. Getting out in the sunshine and breeze helped me no end with mood swings. Now I get crabby when I can’t get out. Like a challenge? Lift weights. Take up yoga. Those are my socially distanced “keep me from going quarantine crazy” chances to see other humans. in fact, simply waving and smiling at random walkers and runners is like a pressure release.
    * Read MFP like it’s a hot romance novel you can’t put down. Absorb and learn. Ask questions.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're at the range for the lifestyle you're keeping. If your goal is to lose or to gain you have to change your habits. Stop drinking your calories for instance or change the type of calories you're drinking. sugary based drinks versus protein based drinks. More veggies, more fruit, less simple sugars like fatty cakes. Without going to your profile and digging into your diary plan it's difficult to determine based on what you're telling us but that's where I'd start.
  • jjsavoh
    jjsavoh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising and eating healthy or just trying to eat healthy? What type of exercising do you do? How many calories a day do you take in, including beverages? Sleeping well? Managing stress?

It can seem like a lot, but pick something and do it consistently. I’d say start with exercise with a focus on weightlifting. Which can do wonders for mental health, but depending where that’s at, that may need to be your first priority. Find support to bring you to a better place.

Then keep making changes in other areas. One thing at a time until it’s easier to handle more. And be ready to be in it for the long haul before you see changes. Realistic expectations can keep you on the path.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 121 kg to 110 kg in about the same period of time by eating at a calorie deficit -- and I'm a lazy old lady.

The only thing that correlates with weight loss long term is eating fewer calories than you expend long term. If keeping track of other things helps you keep on track, okay, but none of them is necessary. Exercise allows you to consume a bit more but tends to burn fewer calories than you would guess.

So, to get away from 114-117 kg, determine a calorie number than will enable you to lose 1/2 to 2 pounds a week. Then, weigh (preferred) or measure EVERYTHING you eat and make sure you hit your calorie goal. You will lose weight if you stick to this over the long haul.

Since you stayed the same for three months, you were eating enough calories to stay the same. To lose weight, eat fewer calories.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hey

Dont worry at all, I was also at the same stage few years ago, i can totally understand what you are trying to say and it's really depressing. But dont worry, with my personal experience I can guarantee, i can lead you to a healthier lifestyle and we can help you with yout weight being a team.

Mail me for the follow on - chachera.anmol@gmail.com

Its open for all members, feel free to contact for any worries.

Stop posting this spam on every thread.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Hey

Dont worry at all, I was also at the same stage few years ago, i can totally understand what you are trying to say and it's really depressing. But dont worry, with my personal experience I can guarantee, i can lead you to a healthier lifestyle and we can help you with yout weight being a team.

Mail me for the follow on - chachera.anmol@gmail.com

Its open for all members, feel free to contact for any worries.

Stop posting this spam on every thread.

yes, it's super annoying, but please don't quote this post. mods have removed it by the look of things, but her advert is still there in your quote.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Along with everything else (yes, super-frustrating) is the realization that sometimes our bodies have a setpoint that might be higher than we'd want to weigh but it's where we're "meant" to be. If you do want to reduce, keeping on at a deficit should eventually free up some more weight. But I hear your anguish!