Haters

Options
So someone on the street in Chicago today called me a “fat *kitten* ho.” I know it shouldn’t bother me but it really has been eating at me. I didn’t react. It made me feel like crap. I’m down 16 lbs and was in such a good place mentally. Don’t want this to ruin my vibe but it’s hard! Thank you all.

Replies

• Hurricane722
    Hurricane722 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Apparently another word for butt was changed to kitten lol
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You know what they say... "haters gonna hate". Don't let them have that power over you. Easier said than done, I know, but we always have to try, for our own sake. And congrats on your 16 lbs loss, that's something to celebrate and be proud of!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Someone has to be a very sad, hurt or angry inside to want to hurl mean comments at someone else just to hurt them. A person who is happy with themselves and filled with joy spread out around.
    It doesn't stop it from hurting, but it does help to know it wasn't about you at all, just their need to be hateful to salve their own pain.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    My Canadian understanding of Chicago is that, depending on the inflection, phonics and context, it may have been a compliment 🤷🏿‍♀️

Kidding, of course.

Keep it moving. Hurt people hurt other people. But if the same person does it again and you're in a situation where you often intersect with them, it's harassment and I'd treat it accordingly.

Stay strong!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you :( Some people are jerks, some people love creating drama, some people just need to be punched in the throat. You've made great progress; don't let some random a-hole drag you down.
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry people are idiots! Use it to fuel whatever goals you have. I lost 130 lbs and I remember distinctly the day someone asked me when I was due (it was over 17 years ago now) and I WASNT PREGNANT!
    You know what I lost 132 lbs naturally and I’m an endurance athlete so 🤬 them and their baby questions....

You got this mama
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*

Take comfort and pride in the fact that you’re taking steps to improve your health and well-being. I’m pretty sure this person could benefit from investing some time in him- or herself...
  • NicolenyaCaltmanAuthor
    Options
    Try to not let it get to you. I know it's hard though. It amazes me sometimes how ignorant people are. Feel free to add me.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Eugh. I know exactly how this feels!

I had like severe postnatal depression few years ago.
    I didnt properly leave the house for about two years unless it was absolutely necessary (like food shopping)

So anyway, one day I felt a bit better than normal, so did my hair, did my makeup and man, I felt GOOD!

I looked good, i felt good, was ready to tackle a trip to the town centre.

Not even 500yards from my home someone shouted "fat prozzy"

And it just took everything away.

Now I'm at a place where I'm not bothered at all.

If they have to pick on me and say stuff to me, then I KNOW they're the ones insecure. Because I don't do that to others to make myself feel better
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    pygud3jdg6tm.png
    That comment says more about the person who said it then it does about you. We're all on our own Journeys and you should be really proud that you've dropped 16 lb!!! Keep your head high hun
    I love this pic. I have it on the background of my phone.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    A healthy mind does not speak ill of others or bully them.

Bullies not only try to control you with name-calling, they always try to control how others see you. They are totally toxed.
  • Danpeters1976
    Danpeters1976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate. Ignore them. Obviously idiots
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful and that person is an idiot and I guarantee you he or she is miserable.
  • jjsavoh
    jjsavoh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Words are going to hurt regardless, but still think of where they come from.

Who is that person? Someone you don’t know that thinks it’s okay to say shtt like that to a stranger. And what drove them to say it? Because they don’t have better ways to feel good about themselves or feel it’s how they can have a little power?

You know you and the journey you’re on. They don’t. You’re improving yourself and they’re shouting insults at strangers. Like wtf, lol. Hopefully that brain is still developing because who does that?

Keep that head high. Carry on and remember that something like that says far more about them than it ever will about you.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you, lady. That kind of situation would hurt just about anyone. I try to remind myself that people often hurt others because they're hurting.