No weight loss?

My calorie goal has been set for me. I do 10000 steps a day, between 4 and 5 miles. I track all my food but my weight is stuck. I don’t know what to do?

Replies

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Are you tracking by weighing everything? What are you eating? A lot of people on this site seem to think what you eat doesnt matter just as long as you're at a calorie deficit however how your body is fueled is a big factor in how fast or slow you drop. IE your body will process 1000 calories of fruit differently than 1000 calories of donuts.
    Less process foods, more cooking for yourself. Get your recommended servings of veggies fruits healthy fats and protein and see how it helps.
  • weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    kimbell596 wrote: »
    My calorie goal has been set for me. I do 10000 steps a day, between 4 and 5 miles. I track all my food but my weight is stuck. I don’t know what to do?

How close are you to your goal? The less weight you have to lose the slower it comes off.
  • weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    weight3049 wrote: »
    kimbell596 wrote: »

How close are you to your goal? The less weight you have to lose the slower it comes off.

Just to clarify, the closer to you are normal BMI the slower it comes off.
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    How long have you been tracking calories? If less than 2-3 weeks, it’s not a surprise as some people take a while for it to show.

If it’s been longer and you haven’t lost during that period at all, then I suggest there’s more than likely an issue with how you’re tracking your consumption, ie you’re not weighing everything, or your scales aren’t accurate (you can test this with a known weight).

As others have pointed out, you need to give a little more detail to be able point out the problem accurately.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    How long have you been stuck? Are you drinking enough or might you be constipated? Sometimes one or the other of those problems gets resolved and it suddenly comes off in a larger increment. How close are you to goal? I will trust that your logging is accurate; I've been stuck myself from time to time, sometimes for more than a month, and I know it can just happen for odd reasons we can't always figure out. I just keep persevering and eventually it starts coming off again.