need support

Options
159257.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

I need support from anyone that can give. I don't have a real strong real power!

I'll will give support back!

DLG

Replies

• dadslittlegirl
    Options
    159257.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

I need support from anyone that can give. I don't have a real strong real power!

I'll will give support back!

DLG
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    How can we help?
  • new_Kendra
    Options
    I'm here :smile:
  • dadslittlegirl
    Options
    I do fairly well at stick to a diet. I try to stay in the mood to walk, (I walk with my Doxie) but it always seems like a chore. What can I do to keep on track?

DLG
  • dadslittlegirl
    Options
    hi Kendra. I need help keeping on track, I walk with my dog but it seems like such a chore. I eat pretty good. I can keep track of that.
  • dlarson
    dlarson Posts: 20
    Options
    You've taken the first step. I just joined a couple of days ago and it really makes me think about the wisdom of stuffing that chocolate or whatever into my mouth. It is just not worth it because then I enter it and find out that I am out of calories for the day and dinner is going to be salad only. I also found it easier to take my dog for a longer walk today because I wanted to be able to log in my exercise for the day. I know I'm in the honeymoon stage but I am really liking this. Good luck and if I can be a cheerleader for you, I will.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Dedication is really what it takes. Try to inspire yourself. Find a buddy to exercise with, one who's not afraid to hurt your feelings by holding you accountable. Make sure everyone around you is aware of your goals, I find it easier to stick with if others around m know what I'm doing, it'll also help to discourage them from inviting you out for treats or from eating things in front of you that would be tempting. Get rid of all the junk if your home and DON'T buy more. If other family members eat it, too bad, they can eat it when they're out of the house. My guy totally understands this and has switched completely to the foods I eat. You can have treats on occasion, of course, but I don't recommend storing them at home until you've gotten used to living this new way. :wink:

Self disipline takes work, I won't lie, but it's the ONLY way this can work. You can absolutely do it, you just need to believe in yourself. Once you see lbs melting away, that'll be all the motivation you need!
    :drinker:
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Doing things that you love will never seem like a chore. Think about some physical activities that you love to do, and plan to do them on a schedule. That will help you stick to it.

Another thing that helps is to have a workout buddy, or to hire a personal trainer. At least when you know someone else is counting on you, or that you are paying for the service, it's more motivation to get your patooty in gear.

Good luck! Don't give up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I listen to music while I'm working out. I try to find songs where I put a foot down on the beat (I'm a bit of a music nerd).

I found that things go better when I walk with someone else, so couple of days a week a coworker and I walk at a local park.

You're already headed in the right direction. If you don't like walking then maybe you'd like yoga or some aerobics.

AM

132806.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Im with hartkid. Music is the key for me I have music going with everything I do.
  • wildesca
    wildesca Posts: 10
    Options
    Make your walk not just a chore but something fun to do. If you are competitive try and beat your time or distance. Take somealong to talk with. Listen to music or a book on tape. Play games with your pet. Walk different routes. Watch birds. Keep track or different cars if you like cars. Check out the architecture along the way and design your dream house by taking bits and peices of stuff you like and putting them together. Think about how many more calories you can have for later. Think about how good you are going to look this year at the beach or pool, or next year. Just use your mind to make it fun instead of work. Not easy but you will find you miss walking if you keep at it for any length of time. Have my dog so into it he sets and looks at my coat waiting for me every day at the same time.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile: