Gained the Covid 19

Options
Well I’m not new here but I lost access to my old account 😭

I was losing pretty steadily, I started at (guesstimate) 370 and got down to 292! Buuuut then I started slacking and just kind of hung around that weight for a bit. Then the shut down happened 😬

I ate junk and started drinking soda again, while sitting around for a month and a half. I gained back 30lbs, so I’m at 320 currently. Time to get back to it and quit jacking around 😂

Did anyone else gain a considerable amount back during this time?

Replies

• ThunderousThighs2020
    Options
    I’m not too hard on myself about it, these are crazy *kitten* times lol. But I need to get back on it! I had a goal and I intend on completing it 👊🏻
  • ThunderousThighs2020
    Options
    “Kitten” times 😂😂
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    @ThunderousThighs2020 - you ARE way too hard on yourself...you need to change your name girl!
  • adri1442
    adri1442 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I myself am not new here. I have fluctuated from 280s to 290s for quite some time, now i have gone up to 320 and it seems nothing i do differently helps ☹️☹️☹️☹️
  • adri1442
    adri1442 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd been maintaining for over a year. I got the Covid-10. I stopped the gain but I am really having a hard time working it back off.

It sure goes on faster than it comes off.

Yes it does, 😆😆😆
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Yep. I gained about 20, and also came dangerously close to getting hooked on Coca Cola again. That’s what snapped me out of it. I’m not going back to coke after quitting many,many times, only to go right back to it in a weak moment every time except the last time. I’ve been off them about 10 years. Not throwing all that away.
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd been maintaining for over a year. I got the Covid-10. I stopped the gain but I am really having a hard time working it back off.

How are you tackling it? I was slightly above where I wanted to be at start of covid, now got a solid 10 lb to lose. Really interested in how others are getting on with this.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

How are you tackling it? I was slightly above where I wanted to be at start of covid, now got a solid 10 lb to lose. Really interested in how others are getting on with this.

Logging my food, eating my exercise calories (fitbit calculated, not entered from database), using a weight trending app so I'm not frustrated by slow loss.
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    And is it working? I'm just starting to face up to mine, it's dispiriting...
  • ThunderousThighs2020
    Options
    @mightybunky logging my food helps me get and stay on track. If I don’t log absolutely everything that’s when I go way off the rails. Like currently lol but we’re in a pandemic damn it, I refuse to make myself feel bad. I had my lazy month lol and now I’m done
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well I’m not new here but I lost access to my old account 😭

I was losing pretty steadily, I started at (guesstimate) 370 and got down to 292! Buuuut then I started slacking and just kind of hung around that weight for a bit. Then the shut down happened 😬

I ate junk and started drinking soda again, while sitting around for a month and a half. I gained back 30lbs, so I’m at 320 currently. Time to get back to it and quit jacking around 😂

Did anyone else gain a considerable amount back during this time?

Yes I gained maybe 9 pounds due to covid19. I have since bought these things: rebounder, used bike, Gazelle slider and I also created a make-shift "standing desk". I was not exercising much. Oh, I also walk fairly often during the week. My answer was "move more". That helped.

Today I'm on my first day back on keto - I also have been intermittent fasting which I have gotten used to so it's fairly painless - 16:8

I hope to see results. I'm 65 years old.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    How you to speak to yourself matters. Really. <3
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    how did you guesstimate your your weight to be 370? Is that what you weighed at the doctor the last time you checked when you started your journey? I'm just curious
    Considering your org estimated weight you're still down 50 lb which is something to be proud of. Please don't beat yourself up. Your body will respond to how you speak to yourself so always be kind.
    I started my lifestyle change a month before the Covid shutdown but it took the shutdown to get me serious about my diet. Ive always struggled with my diet.
  • Katelookingreat
    Katelookingreat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started dieting, but I also have a goal of losing about 20 lbs. Some of that was probably gained since March. I’d love some buddies to cheer each other on. My goal is to lose 20 by Thanksgiving. Honestly I don’t know how long it will take, but I don’t want to rush and pressure myself.

If anyone wants to friend me and make a cheer group, let’s do it. I’m looking forward to trying some new healthy recipes and exercising more.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

Same! It doesn’t want to come off!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Waving my hand in the air and joining the Covid gain crowd. I was down to 130 after Christmas, struggled through the next month going up and down but then between extra stress hitting me and Covid coming on strong soon after, I was up to well over 150. (I stopped weighing myself at one point but the scale was at 153 by then). I was back to 143 a week ago and am hanging in there.

Once you make the positive move to 'get back to it' each day gets a little bit easier. You can get your rhythm back once you've been successful for a few days and gain more confidence in yourself.

The logging has been what's saved me. Boy, if I had a nickel for every time someone said that huh? :) But it's oh so true!! Wishing you THE best of luck OP and everyone else who has struggled with this!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Life could be worse though....at least you all didn't (hopefully) actually 'gain the Covid'....

• ThunderousThighs2020
    Options
    @RockingWithLJ well when I weighed myself for the first time in years I had already started to lose weight. So my highest KNOWN weight was 360, but like I said I’d already lost some by that point so I just assume it was like 370-380. And yeah, I’m in no way beating myself up lol. I’m not mad about my weight gain, it happens and right now you can’t really blame yourself too much with everything going on. I was fine with myself at 370 and I was fine at 290 😊