Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge: 8-Week Challenge (Friday, Aug 21-Sunday, October 18)

Options
fitphoenix
fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
Good morning, everyone!

We’d like to invite you to join the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge!

Term 31 will be an 8-week term based on the Triwizard Tournament and the Goblet of Fire.

The term will be organized differently from the usual ones: Instead of being in a Hogwarts House and just watching the Triwizard Tournament, the Goblet of Fire will place you in a magical school participating in the Tournament, and you will take an active part in the tournament, together with your school mates.

Please note that the Goblet of Fire usually cannot be swayed where to assign students; you have to be willing to join any school the Goblet chooses for you. Only an exceptionally powerful charm cast jointly by family members might induce it to put them in the same school.

The term will run from Friday, August 21st (with full activities beginning on Monday) through Sunday, October 18th.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, August 17th through Tuesday, August 18th.

*** If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, August 20th or respond to the prefect that PM'd, then your spot will be given to someone else. ***

Feel free to share the application with anyone you think would be interested in joining!

As a reminder, Owls will be sent out Monday, August 17th through Tuesday, August 18th with students required to join by Thursday, August 20th at 11:59pm (ET) to keep their place. Full activities start on the Monday. Students will also have a few days into term to submit their starting weigh-in.

You may contact @fitphoenix or @Maalea (Hogwarts Deputy Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received. (Make sure you're friends with us first, or we won't receive your PM.)

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 31. :) If not, good luck with all of your future goals!

Sincerely,
fitphoenix and Maalea
(Deputy Headmistresses)

Replies

• Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,250 Member
    Options
    😍
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Really looking forward to participating in the Triwizard Tournament!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,131 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the break, but I am already looking forward to the next term! B)
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am new here after several years off MFP and I can't claim I understand what's required, but I really want to be in!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge please, it sounds like fun!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Signed up. Looking forward to Owls arrival!
  • lae20281
    lae20281 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Put in my application as well. For those who are new, you need to submit an application at the link in the announcement. GLA
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,553 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    lae20281 wrote: »
    Put in my application as well. For those who are new, you need to submit an application at the link in the announcement. GLA

@lae20281 Thanks for the info! And pardon my ignorance but I don't see a link above, is there a different announcement that I'm missing somewhere? Thanks for the help!

Never mind, I see it now. Geez, right in front of me. LOL Thanks again. :)
  • DeliciousAmbiguity1
    DeliciousAmbiguity1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great. Count me in.
    Application sent. I look forward to seeing you all at the tournament. Good luck all and may the best school win.🧙🏼‍♀️
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Applied! I hope I get in! :grimace:
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I applied but I haven’t heard anything yet... does this mean I didn’t get in?
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    This is a cool idea. I signed up today. Hope it’s not to late.
  • DeliciousAmbiguity1
    DeliciousAmbiguity1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I applied but I haven’t heard anything yet... does this mean I didn’t get in?

I haven't heard anything yet either.
  • TabbyCat444
    TabbyCat444 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Super excited about this idea!
  • littleredchickenbarn
    Options
    Just got my acceptance! So excited!