how much weight did you gain or lose during lockdown?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Down around 7 pounds since March, when things started shutting down here.

Since about last October, I've been working on ultra-slowly (pretty painlessly) drifting down a few vanity pounds, at a half pound a week or slower rate. That got easier when restaurants and my favorite brewpub closed.

I'm retired, so my daily routine didn't change as much. Most in-person social life evaporated, my twice-weekly spin classes stopped, and I haven't been able to row on water 4x a week as I usually would in summer.

I can lose/maintain on fewer calories when I don't exercise, or on more calories when I do - works fine either way. But I enjoy food, and need health/strength, so after some low exercise floundering around for a while, I'm now rowing machining 6 days a week, and lifting a little 3 days.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Gained 4 , then lost 8.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    gained about 6 over 4 months, but that was all part of my evil plan!
  • nancibt
    nancibt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gained about 5 lbs. Partly because of boredom/stress eating and partly because I broke my leg in February and still can't walk, let alone exercise. :-( I should be working on losing weight so that when I can walk it is not such a strain on my leg. But it is just so easy to catch myself eating unconciously!
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I started working out again shortly after the lockdown, I started at home and recently I joined a gym. I gained 4lbs of lean mass in 2-3 months. I hadn't trained in almost 6 years.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    25 pounds since May 8th. Cancellation of the convenience of last minute pizza, calzone and baked ziti runs has helped.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    down 3 pounds of WATER WEIGHT b/c i did not have access to heavy weights
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I gained about 20 lbs between march - June. COVID was a part of it, but it also happend to converge with defending my thesis for my masters and time off of running due to an injury. So, I'll give all 3 credit :)

Getting myself sorted out again now though!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I gained around 15 lbs. I had already started slacking on my calorie tracking when everyone was sent home to work in March. I had grand plans to keep up walking and running but instead mostly sat around feeling sorry for myself. A couple of weeks ago I started tracking calories again and have been running and walking more and it's slowly starting to come off.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Gained 4 lbs in the first couple of months, just finished losing it again.

Trying to do my job from the kitchen table whilst almost everyone else was furloughed did not make for fun times, whilst of course all my usual methods of stress relief were cancelled.
    Getting back on track now though, along with everything else (hopefully)
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I gained ~6 lbs within the first few months, but that was partially due to the stress of moving into a new house. I'm sure some of it was water weight as well. I've already lost 3 of those, and I intend to lose the rest (and then some) in the next month.
  • robynmac5819
    robynmac5819 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Initially, I gained about 6 lbs on top of already being overweight/obese. 190lbs On April 21st and I finally had enough because I was feeling physically AWFUL and lethargic. So far I’ve almost lost 40 lbs(about a half pound away). I’m going for 30 more to be at my ideal weight for my height. And for the record, the best part is I feel AMAZING.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Gained back almost 20, that's why I am here
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Gained 5 during the breadmaking, cake making, comfort food season during March. Then I realized that being overweight in a pandemic is not a good idea. I have lost 15 pounds now. My husband is now asking me to cook healthy meals for him so he won't end up going out to eat, snacking on junk food, or eating food that makes his asthma and reflux worse. I recently switched to eating more protein plus fruits and vegetables because I want to get the last 10 pounds off so I reach a normal BMI so we can work on this change together. He needs to be gluten free because of a grain allergy. Big change for a man who loves to eat.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I actually lost my job a month before quarantine and then got a new one a couple weeks after everything started shutting down. In February, I was losing-- in part because my food budget was so low.

Then when I got my job, I gained 15lbs in 2 months-- just eating pure junk out of relief. I felt like I could eat/spend money again.

After the 2 months, I reigned everything in and have lost 4lbs. It is weird what your mind does during stressful situations. I definitely did not think in January that I would gain weight this year.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24 pounds since March 1st. 34 pounds since January 1st. I work in a laboratory at a Children's Hospital so unfortunately I've been busier than ever :/
  • terryo9987
    terryo9987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down during COVID. I was down 5 in March then up 9 in June ( my heaviest ever of 288). I broke my ankle on June 7th and haven't been able to walk. As of today, I weigh 174. I am down 14 and I am excited and in shock.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Gained about 12 lbs, also quit smoking and am working overtime every week (hospital lab employee)
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Gained about 12 lbs, also quit smoking and am working overtime every week (hospital lab employee)

Congrats on the smoking, I know its no easy feat. You got this!