What would you say my activity level is?

Options
Nevergiveup_mfp2020
Nevergiveup_mfp2020 Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey Everyone
I am 20, a female, 5.2ft and my goal is to lose fat. I weigh about 61kg. I am not too bothered about the number on the scale. I just want to look “toned”.
At the moment, I am eating 1200 cals and that’s not including exercise calories. I don’t add them back but I am thinking to add them from next week. I know for some people eating 1200 calories is hard when exercising. Tbh I found that I am doing ok better than I expected. I do 16/8 IF so this kinda helps me to balance my meals properly. I eat only 2 meals and no snacking. I feel good eating this way. I was expecting side effects from eating 1200 cals but so far it’s all good. My energy levels are fine, I don’t feel hungry because I eat whole food and my period is still regular. (Btw I been eating 1200 cals for 37 days.) The rate of loss is set to lose 0.5kg a week and my activity level is set to not active.

I am basically not active at all these days. I do workout 30-45 mins a day 5 or 6 days a week. I do Mari Fitness home guide 1, it’s a strength training programme using dumbells. I probs burn about 100-150 calories per session using that guide.

I also do 1 15-20 min HIIT session per week. That’s about it at the moment. I still live with my parents so they do most of the shopping and stuff. I am pretty much sitting all day except the working out bit. Would you say my activity level should be set to not active or lightly active? Also, what do you think of eating 1200 calories? Do you think I will face any side effects of eating this amount?

Pls advise me
Thank u x

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The minimum a sedentary female should be eating is 1200 net calories a day. You should be eating back your exercise calories. Your activity level doesn't include any added exercise.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're sedentary if you are just sitting around all day.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone
    I am 20, a female, 5.2ft and my goal is to lose fat. I weigh about 61kg. I am not too bothered about the number on the scale. I just want to look “toned”.
    At the moment, I am eating 1200 cals and that’s not including exercise calories. I don’t add them back but I am thinking to add them from next week. I know for some people eating 1200 calories is hard when exercising. Tbh I found that I am doing ok better than I expected. I do 16/8 IF so this kinda helps me to balance my meals properly. I eat only 2 meals and no snacking. I feel good eating this way. I was expecting side effects from eating 1200 cals but so far it’s all good. My energy levels are fine, I don’t feel hungry because I eat whole food and my period is still regular. (Btw I been eating 1200 cals for 37 days.) The rate of loss is set to lose 0.5kg a week and my activity level is set to not active.

I am basically not active at all these days. I do workout 30-45 mins a day 5 or 6 days a week. I do Mari Fitness home guide 1, it’s a strength training programme using dumbells. I probs burn about 100-150 calories per session using that guide.

I also do 1 15-20 min HIIT session per week. That’s about it at the moment. I still live with my parents so they do most of the shopping and stuff. I am pretty much sitting all day except the working out bit. Would you say my activity level should be set to not active or lightly active? Also, what do you think of eating 1200 calories? Do you think I will face any side effects of eating this amount?

Pls advise me
    Thank u x

I was undereating and I didn’t notice any side effects until 2-3 months in. Hair loss, anxiety, muscle pain. Don’t combine aggressive exercise with severe calorie restriction! Definitely eat your exercise calories back. Even just eating 100-300 calories extra will make a difference. Your BMI is actually in the normal range so aim for a 250 calorie deficit. I think your activity level is lightly active.
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Your activity level is sedentary as that’s the amount of exertion you do day to day that isn’t purposeful exercise.

The exercise that you do do, should be logged within MFP and calories added to your daily allowance. You should eat those back. MFP and other calculators do normally overestimate calories burned during exercise, I normally eat back about 70% and end up losing within my weekly goal. You should play with the amount you eat back and see at what level allows you to lose at your goal pace, make sure you allow at least a week preferably 2-3, before adjusting so you can see the trend and rule out other factors (start at the higher % and work down).

Example, your daily calorie allowance is 1200 (don’t go lower than this as you baseline as that’s very unhealthy). You exercise and burn 500 calories. You should eat 1700 calories that day.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    If your exercise is 150 calories burned a few times per week, probably no need to eat extra for it. Sounds like you ARE sedentary so MFP is set correctly.

BUT if you want to look better, it will take more than a reduction in calories. It would not hurt to incorporate some cardio for the purpose of heart, lung health. And to get the look you want, some sort of structured strength training.