Haters

Options
2»

Replies

• jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Don’t give their words power over your life. You determine your value not someone else. Know you’re beautiful and they are deflecting for their own insecurities. Hugs
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with being a fat a ho? 🤔

Jk, but seriously f them. The fact that ppl even resort to physical stuff as an insult is a huge weakness. Easy cheap shots. 16lb is awesome! Just keep doing you.
  • Lyallatron
    Lyallatron Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    They’re ugly on the inside. Hard to cure that.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @brendog79 I know what I would say to her. You want me to come over there. o:)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Aw, I’m sure your kitten looks great. Kidding! But also seriously, you weren’t wrong when you thought you were looking good, nothing changed when that guy said a mean thing except some sound waves in the air. You looked great before and you still look great. Congrats on the 16 lbs!
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @brendog79 I have an idea. Don't tell any of these people what you're doing. No one has to live in our body and not everyone has our best interests at heart. Want to stick to your program? Don't tell your cronies and coworkers. Those without our best interests at heart can actually undermine our hard work and efforts.

It's complicated but unbeknownst to some and secretly known to others they have all kinds of reasons for trying to throw you off your game. In the beginning, ain't nobody got time for all of that.

Don't start none. Won't be none.

Keep tooling along by keeping it to yourself but sharing on MFP and let the chips fall where they may. You need support right now.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @brendog79 Good decision. Share your success and goals here. We're birds of the same feather flying together.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @brendog79 Good decision. Share your success and goals here. We're birds of the same feather flying together.

This is excellent advice. Share here with your friend list since that's what this place is for. No need to open yourself up for unwanted comments in real life
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @brendog79 I second what others have said!!
    You have so much determination its inspiring! But to your friends and coworkers they seem to be getting jealous of your determination because they can't put that much effort in themselves!!

You keep doing you because its amazing what you're achieving!!

But definitely share on here, because it is nice to share your accomplishments, just got to find the right supportive people
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Don't give others the power to impact on how you think about yourself. Hold your head high and keep being you.
  • brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to walk today because it had just been raining. My roommate said if I was to go for my walk i probably had about an hour before the rain started back up. I said I would probably take today off since I'd only taken one day off in two weeks. He let a little laugh out. I thought to myself I am gonna go for that walk and got a good 63 min. In before the rain started back. I felt good and was a little pissed at the same time. I thought a lot during my walk and thought about the story of Possible Pat who walked a 1.5 miles to walmart and back everyday for 1.5 years to buy every meal he ate and lost 330 lbs he started at 605 lbs. Now I'm not gonna do that but if I have any strength in me and if I want to eat today im gonna put in an hour walk everyday.
  • Carp614
    Carp614 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You'll probably think this is weird, but the more I hear about things like this, the more I think about the state of mind of the person running their mouths.

I personally don't believe people are just mean for no reason what-so-ever. For example, the people I know on social media who are the most angry, fervent, cutting, are the most unhappy people I know if real life. They have real tragedy and hardship in their lives. It was true of me too when I was at my most unhappy. People who flip you off in traffic, lose patience waiting in line at the pharmacy, or say something mean for seemingly no reason are hurting. It is more of an expression of their pain from other problems leaking into your life than any specific insult. It's mean and thoughtless and you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My heart goes out to people who do these things, because they clearly have some unknown pain in their lives.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    brendog79 wrote: »
    I wasn't going to walk today because it had just been raining. My roommate said if I was to go for my walk i probably had about an hour before the rain started back up. I said I would probably take today off since I'd only taken one day off in two weeks. He let a little laugh out. I thought to myself I am gonna go for that walk and got a good 63 min. In before the rain started back. I felt good and was a little pissed at the same time. I thought a lot during my walk and thought about the story of Possible Pat who walked a 1.5 miles to walmart and back everyday for 1.5 years to buy every meal he ate and lost 330 lbs he started at 605 lbs. Now I'm not gonna do that but if I have any strength in me and if I want to eat today im gonna put in an hour walk everyday.

Haha oh my god yes! When anyone does that to me I call it "fuelling my hate-fire" and i do it to prove them wrong!
    Anger is a good motivator in the right circumstances.