Anyone Intermittent Fast?

Options
Looking for like minded people who do intermittent fasting to connect with and see and help each other reach our goals. Send a request! I’m currently doing 18:6, would like to change up a bit to 20:4 or OMAD through the week. Currently after this COVID I’ve gained weight and now need to lose about 50lbs. Anyone else?

Replies

• seantheking1987
    seantheking1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    been doing intermittent fasting for a couple months now, same as you 18:6. My eating hours are 12-6 will send you a request
  • M11anoel
    M11anoel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve done 16:8 since June 15th and have lost 16 pounds since! I find it really helps to keep my calories down as I do love bigger meals!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to find other folks who are participating in IF. I have started 16:8 since June 17. So far I have lost 20 lbs. I feel much lighter and focussed since starting. It took me about a week to get use to not having breakfast. I use to wake up thinking about food. I tie myself over with a cup of hot tea before my 12:00 brunch. I find that I am actually eating less than I normally would. My eating hours are 12 noon to 8:00 p.m. I'm usually scrambling to find something else to eat to meet my daily nutritional goals. Anyone else having trouble with daily totals?
  • coffeencreem
    coffeencreem Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 been doing it for years ..not sure how much it helps but I enjoy it ..I have lost over 50lbs but I think that’s more from Caloric deficit
  • hyunkang125
    hyunkang125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 18:6 as well between the hours of 11AM to 5PM. I've lost 30 pounds in 9 months. Starting 209, now 179. I've lost 3 inches on my waist, my blood sugar is back to normal (I'm a diabetic), and I'm the lightest I've been in 7 years. Don't get me wrong, I don't play too hard or fast with the times as I hate to feel so restricted and need some flexibility. Also, I probably have a day or two out of the week where I just eat whenever I want. Sometimes I'll eat later than 11AM or have my last meal around 2 or 3PM, as I am trying harder to stick to mindful eating- eating when I'm hungry not because of time. Whenever I do eat later than the window of eating time, I find that I can't sleep until much later because my body actually is energized by the food. So I end up sleeping at 3-4AM!
    Because of the limited amount of time though, I find myself trying to incorporate more substantial foods to get the appropriate amount of vitamins and macronutrients in a short time and within a calorie deficit. Thus, I end up eating more whole grains, leafy greens and fruit.
    As a continuous dieter, I've found that IF is incredibly easy to stick to.
  • mel941980
    mel941980 Posts: 49 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I’ve done 16:8 since February 1st and have lost 45 pounds. I find drinking a lot of water, eating two meals, one light, one heavier, and a couple snacks helps. I also stay under 1600 calories daily, and walk a minimum of 15 miles weekly. It's been a good combination/solution for me.
  • rayleigh09
    rayleigh09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my IF journey. In the past I would do 16/8 from 12-8, but it was too much freedom. Now I'm slowly easing myself into 20/4 from 12-4, with a strict no food after 6.
  • Lyallatron
    Lyallatron Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m currently doing 18:6 too. Feel free to add me. I am seeing plenty of unexpected benefits from it.
  • AnitaR1983
    AnitaR1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been doing IF for yeara but never knew. The longest I have done was like 2 and a half days in August. I just ended 36 hrs IF today and will going back on til Friday after I eat dinner today. I know no like minded people and would love to add anyone here that is interested. I need contact with like minded people for motivation and support etc.
  • Seabassx2
    Seabassx2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started doing 20:4 .... Going good I eat between 3 and 7 pm. I also do 10k steps a day.
  • gisem17
    gisem17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow, if anyone had asked, I would have said that intermittent fasting works for me, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else. Nice to know I'm not alone. I generally dont get hungry until about 2:00. I used to make the mistake of eating a full late lunch and then a full dinner. That didn't do me any favors. Now I hold off until 6:00 and just eat a good dinner. By 10:00 I cut myself off and go to bed. I still use MFP to budget and plan how much I eat and the combination seems to be working for me.
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It’s great to see fasters, I’ve been doing 16:8 along side low carb, find they fit well together for me on my 6th week now and lost 11lbs so far 💪🏻
    Be really good to link up with you all.
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! I do IF, usually between 16:8 - 18:6. First meal around 11, last meal 5-6ish.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Interesting I usually eat my first”meal” at 11 I drink a coffee around 6 am then lunch is usually a drink and soup or salad dinner is my biggest meal but I had not accounted for timing of last meal I think I may try cutoff time of it to 6 or 8
  • PennycillinEQ
    PennycillinEQ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started IF middle of June, watched my carbs closely, and was pretty diligent about exercise. Down 30 pounds so far but the weight loss has slowed considerably and will probably slow down even more because I am bringing in some carbs again (I want oatmeal for my second meal!). I started with 16:8 but now its 18:6 or even 19:5 sometimes. I must admit I eat an embarrassingly large first meal but that just means I'm not overly hungry for my second meal. My eating window is 2pm-8pm.

I don't think there is anything magic about IF. Its just that you don't have enough hours to pack in the amount of calories you would consume if you ate any time you wanted (just speaking for myself, of course)