MFP premium

Options
Just wondering if any of you use the premium version of MFP and is it worth paying.

Replies

• MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have it, not that much difference really. The free version is more than enough
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I have it and found it costs different prices whether you pay for premium on the app or website. My advice is to buy premium on the website using a computer (if you have access to one) and then you still get premium on your app. I think I paid $50 for a year or something by getting premium when I was on my laptop compared to $70 something a year if I had purchased premium on my phone app.

I like premium because you don’t have adds taking up space, have easy access to a recipe collection, and lots of little features that you personally may or may not use.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    I just switched to premium. I’ve found it a wee bit glitchier than free for some reason. The only thing I like about it this far is its a little easier to track macros, but calories are more important to me so I may switch back. Haven’t decided yet.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think for the average user the free version is more than enough. For a new person the best thing they can do is just log and learn to stay within their calorie goal without getting too caught up in the little details. If you don't consistently log, this site isn't very helpful. You can figure out if you will be committed or not for free, so IMO why pay?

Most of the premium features are more geared towards people with more detailed fitness or dietary goals, and I think they better serve more experienced users who can take advantage of them without getting sidetracked.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I have it. Not sure why, probably just inertia when it came time for the auto-rebill. It doesn't really do much beyond the free version. It isn't like there's some suite of high-end features like weight charts and analysis that free users don't get. As @4legsRbetterthan2 notes, there's some dietary and macro drill-down that isn't on the free version, which I've never used. Actually, I find the premium version features to be kind of distracting and cluttery.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    They'd need to clean up the cluttered and glitchy food database before I'd even consider getting premium. And then I'd want a lower price.

I have lots of subscriptions - Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and I rotate through various recipe subs - ATK, Milk St, NYT Cooking, and I always evaluate the value they add.

I just don't believe MFP Premium provides value equivalent to the cost.

Amazon Prime's price is more than I'd like to pay, but I'm using lots of features, for example, Prime Video, Music, grocery delivery, and sometimes I share the subscription cost with friends/family.