Motivator looking for motivation

Options
Hello,
My name is Travis, and I'm from Michigan.
I started my journey awhile back and have lost 110 lbs total. I've lost 40 since i joined here. My journey has had a lot of breaks total but I've been on here for over a year now. I've only lost 40 since being on here because i started body recomposition (same weight, lose body fat, gain muscle)

I started as a typical "ok i lifted it, now what" then i educated myself and I've learned a lot and I've tried even more. Every 3 months i changed my routine as suggested. I did the cardio cardio cardio, to 3 sets of 5 routine, to 3-5 sets 6-12. I bumped it up to 20 rep squat program 😰 which is serious lol. I've done German volume training, bodyweight workouts then added weight vests and resistance bands. And much more routines.
I'm still learning the macros counting but i don't think I'm doing too bad.

I suffer from a recent shoulder injury. My doc said i tore the muscles in my shoulder and every connecting muscle so the only working out i can do is walking. So i guess I'm back to just losing body fat for now. I got 4 awesome dogs to help me with my waking. My girl bulldog doesn't fatigue until she hits the 2-3 mile Mark.

This is gonna be tough and i could use your help and advice. And i would love to be there for you. In the past when life hit back, i let it. Not this time. I'm finishing my journey. It kinda stinks because i was really liking the routine i was doing lol.

Anyways I'm here
I would love to help you
And i really need help on this one.

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for successfully losing 40 lbs since you'd joined MFP Travis! I've been watching how painful torn muscles, ligaments, sinews and connective tissues are for a few months now, so I sympathise, knowing how much work you'll need to put into your recovery.

Just as well you have your 4-legged entourage to keep you on course.

Stay motivated!
  • toetotoe
    toetotoe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm gonna try my best to stay motivated and away from the local donut shop lol that's tough
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i know how this sucks - in the mid-2000s, i tore my rotator cuff in several places, and it really set me back.

walking, however, can be great exercise, although i was unable to wear a weighted vest because it hurt my shoulder, but you could use ankle weights. and if you want a different challenge, you could walk up and down stairs. or you could buy an exercise bike and vary your workout on it, some days using lots of resistance to build your legs. you could also do some ab and lower back exercises that don't use your arms.

good luck!
  • toetotoe
    Options
    Thank you zebasschick 😊
    That was amazingly helpful. I can't wear my vest right now either. I can't even carry my work backpack. I had to buy a roller pack. I can barely move my arm right now honestly
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Hope it gets better soon try some lower body workouts or Leg exercises ie squats.
  • toetotoe
    Options
    Thank you annliz 😊