Why has my weight loss stalled?

Options
I've been faithfully recording, and managing, my calorie intake daily for 6 weeks now. The recommended guideline by MFP for my goal is 1200 calories a day. Definitely not a lot of calories and I am managing to stay close to that, never exceeding 1400 and even that is no more than a couple of days out of the week. I believe I'm making smart food choices (healthy vs sugars) and I seldom feel "starved". I've been attending an intense fitness class twice weekly at the gym and have been going faithfully for 5 weeks now. My last 3 weekly weigh in's have shown no progress on the scale: 131.8, 131.6, 131.6! I started My Fitness Pal at 137.8 lbs. My goal is 115. I do feel better physically however my frustration is stemming from the lack of movement on the scale. Let's face it, 1200 calories is not a lot of food and I'm looking forward to the day I can do maintenance calories. Any suggestions from the community??

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    What weight loss rate have you chosen to arrive at a calorie goal of 1200 calories?

Are you weighing everything you eat ne making sure you're using accurate entries in the food database?

Exercise can also cause water retention, which will mask fat loss.
  • belkyg0430
    belkyg0430 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ummmm!!! I thought I was alone. I am also on a 1200 work out daily expect Sunday. Eat as healthy as possible and I am stuck at 128.5 and my goal is also 115. Now I have started adding strength training and see if that helps. I am not sure what else I can try to boost the scale...
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,036 Member
    Options
    @mizzkellybobelly & @belkyg0430

So many possibilities...

If you really want to get the scale moving again, weigh all your food to the gram/oz etc & track EVERYTHING.

The sad truth is even 50 extra calories a day for 30 days is almost half a pound loss that is negated.

How tall are each of you?
    How old are you - roughly?
    How close to a BMI of 24.9? ie Normal.
    What was your highest weight?

How did you both choose 115 as a goal weight? What BMI is that for your height?

Hot weather, lack of sleep, lack of water, new exercise program or significant increase in exercise intensity, varying amounts of food in your digestive tract esp if you have increased your fiber...and then the many vagaries of bathroom scales!!!
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am also at a weight loss plateau. My goal is 160lb and I can't make the scale budge ahead of 171lb. I am thinking of changing up an exercise routine such as joining a boxing club or taking up running.