Low-oxalate friends needed!

Options
Hi! Is there anyone else out there on a low-oxalate diet? I'm working with a dietician, but I still feel like my options are very limited! I would love to share recipes, frustrations etc with anyone else out there dealing with the same issues. :)

Replies

• Olgaukr83
    Olgaukr83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was trying to stick to it after having a kidney stone surgery last year, but felt so limited. I gave up on it, and only try to not eat the worst ingredients like rhubarb and spinach, for example. I felt like my whole world turned up side down, where all foods I ate and thought were healthy were suddenly not good for me.
  • StarbuxDiva
    StarbuxDiva Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @Olgaukr83 I'm expected to have surgery # 5 in a few months (over a 1 year time period) :( I've really been trying to stick to a limited diet too- the stones are TERRIBLE, I don't want to deal with them anymore! My dietician advised not only to stay away from the high oxalate foods, but to increase calcium, and decease sodium and animal protein. I've been searching everywhere for recipes that cater to this, but its nearly impossible- so I've been using a lot of the heart healthy recipes and removing the high oxalate foods and having a glass of kefir or milk with it. I also feel limited though. :(
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Join the Facebook group , “The Kidney Stone Prevention Diet”. You will learn everything you’ll ever need to prevent stones.