I really want a second cookie!

Options
29 days down some pounds, stress and heart ache through the roof right now and I really REALLY want a second cookie! Problem with that is I think if I give into the second one there will be a third and fourth and so on... I'm struggling with that fine line of limiting but still enjoying so that I don't break down and binge eat and emotional binge eating. Any ideas on combating that?

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Or snack on raw veggies. In my opinion neither of those seems appealing with cookies.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered this
    https://youtu.be/FenSBprd1EI

Even with the headache, you should still be able to do it. There are short tabata workouts that can help with the mood, if the migrene isnt to bad.

After these, you might just want water. But if the craving is still there, at least you earned that cookie 😉.

Are you able to get enough sleep? Talking from experience, I crave sweets when tired, hence distressed.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    For me - it’s hard to eat 1 cookie or a few chips— knowing that - I keep them out of the house. Maybe try to snack on something low calorie? Also - the glass of water trick works well!
  • kdroberts1
    kdroberts1 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If I feel like I’m ready to binge, I go for a walk. Get your mind off of it and get away from the temptation. Hope this helps. You’ve got this!!
  • kfarnworth2785
    kfarnworth2785 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    Options
    It just hit me. Most of my snacks now are things I have to get up and take a few minutes to - mindfully - weigh and prepare.

Fruit, cottage cheese, balsamic and grape nuts. Yogurt mixed with pudding. A simple sandwich with sliced chicken. An orange I slice into eighths and have to sit down at a table to eat to avoid spraying everywhere.

In retrospect, things that come out of bags and boxes quickly and easily are my downfall. Didn’t even realize I’d gotten out of the habit of buying them til I read your “one cookie” problem.

My bad days lately have been when my husband produces a bag of tortilla chips for fajita night, or I’ve been to Lidl and bought some of their lust-worthy giant bakery cookies. I used to be able to buy just one, but with Covid they now pre-bag them in lots of four. I have started avoiding Lidl or making sure I’ve had an unusually filling lunch before I go. If I buy four cookies, chances are really good there’ll be zero by bedtime.