Low Calorie/Low Fat, High Protein food suggestions???

Options
While I've been on my journey since March and doing MFP since May, I just recently really started to pay attention more to the protein, carbs, sugars, etc. that are in my diet. I try to stay away from processed food as much as I can... and stick with fruits and lots of veggies. I've switched my routine to only have 1 yogurt a day (vs. 2) to help cut down on my sugars, but... after going back and looking at my diary, I've noticed that I'm low on protein every day.

So.... just wondering if y'all have some good suggestions for healthy low calorie, low fat, high protein food. Again... I'm trying to stay away from processed foods like deli lunch meats (even turkey), packaged/frozen meals, etc.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Replies

• mike20603
    mike20603 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tuna and salmon are an easy way to fill in protien without the carbs or fat.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Tuna and salmon are an easy way to fill in protien without the carbs or fat.

Agreed, any lean protein will do. Fish, white meat chicken or turkey, etc.
  • soloral
    Options
    Tuna/chicken/beans

Just be careful of sodium levels. Do not get deli meats, they are loaded with sodium.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites (I love quiches and frittatas... you can easily load up on veggies) also edamame.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    And how could I forget quinoa!!! Here's a cool website a friend got me hooked on: http://www.cookingquinoa.net/
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I usually do pretty well at dinner time, but... I think I need to do more pre-planning so I can do better at lunch. Will probably need to grill some extra chicken or lean meats the night prior to add to a salad or something for lunch.

Appreciate the responses!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    And how could I forget quinoa!!! Here's a cool website a friend got me hooked on: http://www.cookingquinoa.net/

Never heard of quinoa, but... I'll check it out!!! THANKS!