Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Access to Covid-19 tracker???

Options
alannabanana75
alannabanana75 Posts: 19 Member
Not sure where to post this but I would like an answer from someone in the know.
Why does MFP want access to COVID-19 tracker app? I was looking through the app & found it. Seriously, why?

Replies

• PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess that they want to see if there are correlations with diet/exercise and covid. That's pure speculation from someone not in the know - have you asked in the support forum?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to post this but I would like an answer from someone in the know.
    Why does MFP want access to COVID-19 tracker app? I was looking through the app & found it. Seriously, why?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But you certainly don't need to agree with the request...I would definitely do a support request for explanation, I think if MFP was doing this officially, they would have made an announcement. Sounds to me like someone trying to track your location, and that isn't good...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Go to "Help" at the top of any page and send a request for an explanation.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I don't know about iOS, but with Android, you can turn off the permissions of individual apps if you don't want them to have access to something.