Recumbent Exercise Bike

Options
I have arthritis in both knees with the left being the worst. I have been told the best exercise equipment for me would be the Recumbent Exercise Bike. Do any of you know about this type of bike? Any experiences?

Thanks

Replies

• bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have one and I LOVE IT. I got it at ****'s Sporting Goods.

http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11248645

Good luck!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have a recumbant bike at home. It helps my back and it is easy on the knees. Also, if you put some effort into it, you get a pretty good burn!
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use this at the gym. I like it because the seat is more comfortable that the standard bike :)
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yes I use one at the gym and it's good. I have knee problems from a car crash and the recumbemt bike is fine.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I used to use one at the gym I belonged to. Loved it and the elliptical. I have arthritis in my hips and had no issues with either machine. You can really get a great workout with it.
  • cfloyd72
    cfloyd72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. My mother had bad knees and finally got them both replaced. She used the recumbent bike for her therapy. And when she could do one revolution, we knew she was definitely recovering.
  • PHYYOU
    PHYYOU Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a bad knee also, waiting untill the doctors think I am old enough to get a knee replacement. I use the recumbent bike almost every day, it is the only thing the doctor wants me to exercise on. I don't feel it gives me the same amt of exercise as other types of equipment, but it doesn't make my knee hurt as all the others do. I can't increase the pressure past a 4 or it makes me put too much pressure on the knee pushing. But overall, it is a way to exercise and work off a few calories. I would recommend it.
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started out years ago trying to use a standard exercise bike and found it too uncomfortable to go for a long time riding it. I picked up a macy recumbent exercise bike for a low price online, not many thrills and features but works well and I can ride it for over a 30 minutes with out any major discomfort.
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    a recumbant bike is a bicycle that you use whilst in a more relaxed position , ( a bit like a pedalo boat) .. puts less stress on all those achey joints i think , whilst still burning quite an impressive amount of calories :) good luck !