Extremely anemic

Options
Anyone else anemic and having a hard time retaining iron or finding it hard to stay fit when iron levels are low? Could really use a friend who understands what I’m going through.

Replies

• backagain22
    backagain22 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm not anemic. But, I can only imagine it's tough to have enough energy to workout. I hope you find someone to help you through this. Take Care.
  • HotepBuddha
    HotepBuddha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add one meal per week with liver.
  • jtimikia
    jtimikia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m anemic..I have fibroids, I have tried to exercise n my heart starts beating fast and I be about to pass out.. it has me so depressed because I want to exercise to help with weight loss.. trust I understand
  • c_l_belle
    c_l_belle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Anyone else anemic and having a hard time retaining iron or finding it hard to stay fit when iron levels are low? Could really use a friend who understands what I’m going through.

Have you identified the cause? I was anemic due to blood loss and now take meds during my period that reduce it. I take a Vitron-C tablet daily. My iron levels are now up to par and I'm able to function better now that the fatigue, fast heartbeat, and dizziness are gone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I've had an issue with anemia. But for some reason, I don't suffer from symptoms. No energy loss, no fatigue, no dark bags under my eyes, etc. Baffling to the doctors. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done to check for bleeding, but nothing. Then I swallowed a pill camera to check my intestines. After a scan, there was considered a small abnormality in my intestines (possible small bleed), but they haven't yet been able to identify where it is. Right now to offset the loss of iron, I'm on a 250mg supplement, which has kept it in check based on blood tests. Just waiting now to see what the gastroenterologist wants to do. I'd advise finding out what the cause is. It may be something as simple as eating more foods with higher iron content.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png