How has your life changed since COVID-19?

Options
jmakleanaddo
jmakleanaddo Posts: 101 Member
edited August 2020 in Chit-Chat
Our lives have all changed since covid-19 took grips of the world early on this year. I know for a fact that it has caused mine to change drastically. It gave me the time and space to evaluate my life, brought me closer to old friends and family, gather the confidence and positive mindset to remove myself from a toxic relationship that was going nowhere and finally is slowly helping me get my life back on track. I am taking charge of my life, my health and my future and never looking back! What has this quarantine period brought for you? Let's share our stories.. Good or bad... This is a safe space 👏🏿

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I kinda lost all momentum and I spend my days on the couch. I had a lot of things planned this year but ya know. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sure seems like every time I take a step in the right direction something out of my control happens.
    What are goals?
    What is time?
    What is the meaning of life?
    I could have been getting shredded at least but I got a mean internet addiction and next thing I know the day has passed. Then the next. Then the next.
  • jmakleanaddo
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I kinda lost all momentum and I spend my days on the couch. I had a lot of things planned this year but ya know. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sure seems like every time I take a step in the right direction something out of my control happens.
    What are goals?
    What is time?
    What is the meaning of life?
    I could have been getting shredded at least but I got a mean internet addiction and next thing I know the day has passed. Then the next. Then the next.

I've been down this rabbit hole and honestly i feel you. I've had my struggles, my addictions, failures... Its really hard when you're surrounded by negativity to do anything positive. It was only once I got a shock to my system that really made he realize I needed to turn things around. One thing I'll say though is don't let this time make you forget your passions and if you don't have any use this time to find one. Work on that passion every day and stay on your purpose daily! Life is truly what you make it. I strongly believe that. Good luck friend and feel better. Take your life back. Take charge!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

I've been down this rabbit hole and honestly i feel you. I've had my struggles, my addictions, failures... Its really hard when you're surrounded by negativity to do anything positive. It was only once I got a shock to my system that really made he realize I needed to turn things around. One thing I'll say though is don't let this time make you forget your passions and if you don't have any use this time to find one. Work on that passion every day and stay on your purpose daily! Life is truly what you make it. I strongly believe that. Good luck friend and feel better. Take your life back. Take charge![/quote]

🙂 thanks man. Ya I mean, I did accomplish some things and I was looking for a vacation from work anyway. Just thought the vacation wouldn't be my house! 😩 I'll get back on track, probably fall a few times but end up getting back up again. Sorry for debby downing your thread but it be like that sometimes.
  • jmakleanaddo
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

I've been down this rabbit hole and honestly i feel you. I've had my struggles, my addictions, failures... Its really hard when you're surrounded by negativity to do anything positive. It was only once I got a shock to my system that really made he realize I needed to turn things around. One thing I'll say though is don't let this time make you forget your passions and if you don't have any use this time to find one. Work on that passion every day and stay on your purpose daily! Life is truly what you make it. I strongly believe that. Good luck friend and feel better. Take your life back. Take charge!

🙂 thanks man. Ya I mean, I did accomplish some things and I was looking for a vacation from work anyway. Just thought the vacation wouldn't be my house! 😩 I'll get back on track, probably fall a few times but end up getting back up again. Sorry for debby downing your thread but it be like that sometimes.[/quote]

No problem at all my man! We all need a little encouragement from time to time. I know for a fact that I need it right now the most! You're gonna get everything you need to do done man. I believe that. Sunny vacations out in the open ahead soon. I truly believe that.
  • MFPUser73629
    MFPUser73629 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just city folk leaving the city and mucking up Life in our rural communities.
  • jmakleanaddo
    Options
    tittyman1 wrote: »
    Just city folk leaving the city and mucking up Life in our rural communities.

🤣
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    You know, it hasn't really changed all that much except for having to wear a mask.

I still go to work, I still go out walking every night and on weekend mornings, I still eat what I eat (I never ate out much anyway) when I eat it. I'm still antisocial. :)

Except for that one time ALL THE FREAKIN' BANANAS WERE GONE from my favorite grocery store and I was all worried that I bought 24 cans of low sodium v8 for my potassium, life's pretty much been the same.

(That v8 isn't all that good but I need more veggies anyway so I'll try to suck it down at one point.)
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My life did not change besides now having to wear a mask everywhere, which I do out of respect for my fellow (hu)man.
    I'll miss the lack of traffic on the road from everyone being told to stay home quite honestly.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Trying to keep it in perspective.

Compare this to Germany in the 30's, Ukraine, Nanking, Armenia etc. etc.

That being said, it really does suck.
    We're still essentially on lockdown here and the gyms are closed for an undetermined length of time.

If I hear "Until it's Safe." one more time I think my *kitten* head is going to explode.

Remember, "Until it's Safe" essentially means "Never".

I think the tough part of this is that we are in a prolonged recored heat wave ( last night at 9:30, it was 103F ) with high temperatures in the neighborhood of 110 to 115F.

This heat makes it almost impossible to do any outside activities too. (that's the killer.)

Also, what once was routine niceties are now just a pain in the *kitten*.

Then, it's a tease of... we're getting back to normal. wait. there's another spike in the numbers.... another lockdown.

This *kitten* year can't get over soon enough.

*rant over /

no monsoon season this year?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

We're still essentially on lockdown here and the gyms are closed for an undetermined length of time.

If I hear "Until it's Safe." one more time I think my *kitten* head is going to explode.

I think the tough part of this is that we are in a prolonged recored heat wave ( last night at 9:30, it was 103F ) with high temperatures in the neighborhood of 110 to 115F.

This heat makes it almost impossible to do any outside activities too. (that's the killer.)

Then, it's a tease of... we're getting back to normal. wait. there's another spike in the numbers.... another lockdown.

*rant over /

April 0.10 in 0.00 in (2020)
    May 0.37 in 0.03 in (2020)
    June 0.06 in 0.00 in (2020)
    July 2.15 in 0.03 in (2020)
    August 1.72 in 0.00 in (2020)

Rain totals since April 1st, 2020 - 0.06"

That's barely even a number.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

*rant over /

oof
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

*rant over /

oof

It’s so dry, the the dogs are marking their territory with chalk lines.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Very little change for me. I still go to work, I work out every day in my home gym, I walk at lunch. It was easier to cross the road from the parking lot to the office when more things were shut down but traffic is back to normal now.

Instead of taking my dad out shopping once a week I do his shopping for him, that's about the biggest change. And I guess I used to spend a lot of money because my bank account just keeps growing and growing, despite a few pandemic splurge purchases.
  • igutt
    igutt Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m a homebody so quarantine has been nothing but good, it slowed life down so much that I finally got some rest and got my mental state in check, starting to improve my health and my body too now

Quarantine has been a blessing in disguise
  • jmakleanaddo
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Very little change for me. I still go to work, I work out every day in my home gym, I walk at lunch. It was easier to cross the road from the parking lot to the office when more things were shut down but traffic is back to normal now.

Instead of taking my dad out shopping once a week I do his shopping for him, that's about the biggest change. And I guess I used to spend a lot of money because my bank account just keeps growing and growing, despite a few pandemic splurge purchases.

I love to see that there is such positivity out there still regarding the pandemic and effects.. I'm glad you're doing well
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    I’ve gained weight. 😫
  • pandry15
    pandry15 Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Mid March got the email from work saying "work from home for the next two weeks". Then it became WFH until the end of April, then it was July, then September - now it's Jan 2021 with the buzz that this is going to be permanent. In the beginning I ate and ate and sort of exercised... my weight crept up to 300.4! That number wasn't surprising but I never saw a 3 ever... I'm glad I did. I've been at it for 5 weeks (first weigh-in was 7/7, I'm a gambler so those are good numbers!). Now I'm doing it! 272.2 today... Working at home has given me hours extra per day (about a 3 hour commute each day pre-COVID) - I'm now using that time for something good!
  • jmakleanaddo
    Options
    pandry15 wrote: »
    Mid March got the email from work saying "work from home for the next two weeks". Then it became WFH until the end of April, then it was July, then September - now it's Jan 2021 with the buzz that this is going to be permanent. In the beginning I ate and ate and sort of exercised... my weight crept up to 300.4! That number wasn't surprising but I never saw a 3 ever... I'm glad I did. I've been at it for 5 weeks (first weigh-in was 7/7, I'm a gambler so those are good numbers!). Now I'm doing it! 272.2 today... Working at home has given me hours extra per day (about a 3 hour commute each day pre-COVID) - I'm now using that time for something good!

This is awesome! You're doing amazing! You took this time and did something very very worthwhile with it. Hope you keep it up!
  • jmakleanaddo
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    I’ve gained weight. 😫

We all did but there's most definitely time to lose it all! :)