What are your favorite core exercises??

igutt
igutt Posts: 97 Member
I’ve recently started working out my core instead of just abs and It’s way better than just doing abs so what are your favorite core exercises?

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Dead bugs, hollow hold, Paloff press, woodchoppers
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Deads, kettlebell swings, DB Russian twists, planks and the variants of all these.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    dead lifts and squats
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    The ab wheel for the sagittal plane, suitcase carries for the frontal plane, and single-arm press for the transverse plane. And of course deadlifts & squats for overall work. :+1:
  • igutt
    Y’all are doing some solid work
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Are there exercises to AVOID if you don’t want a boxy core?
  • igutt
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Are there exercises to AVOID if you don’t want a boxy core?

What’s a boxy core?
  • meakshi1148
    meakshi1148 Posts: 2 Member
    Thankyou. . Crunches, Squats, Russian Twist, Plan hold, Beast hold are some of my favorite exercises
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @igutt - sorry for being unclear. I meant a blocky, square or thicker waist. I want to keep my small waist - lose an inch or two or most, tighten it up but not lose the contour. Clearer?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,976 Member
    Squats, deadliftd snd hanging leg raises
  • igutt
    @igutt - sorry for being unclear. I meant a blocky, square or thicker waist. I want to keep my small waist - lose an inch or two or most, tighten it up but not lose the contour. Clearer?

Well if you do cleans and jerks and exercise like those with a lot more than double your weight on the bar you’ll develop a thicker core but I’d still recommend those exercises because it takes very heavy weight and a lot of consistency in order to get it to become thick
  • igutt
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    dead lifts and squats

Do you plan to do more direct work or are those two enough to make it stronger?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

I would say overdoing the oblique training especially with weights (side bends, oblique crunches) or adding weight to your ab workouts and doing them too frequently. I would imagine everyone is different but if you notice your waist getting too built up then I would avoid those.

For me I like RKC planks, vacuums and my main lifts to help my core.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @sardelsa @igutt

Thanks for the tips. vacuums? Will research those!