Question for the Women

Options
Ok I have a question....is it normal to NOT lose weight the week prior/of your period? I've been loosing consistently, and doing the same routine...and haven't lost the past week (prior to menstruating)...please tell me this is normal? Feeling down, yet working so hard :(

Replies

• EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too! Don't feel down. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I normally gain
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For me, it is normal not to lose pounds that week. Are you also taking measurements? My waist usually increase that that week, that is normal for me so I don't let it get me frustrated. I set my goal to maintain my current weight and stay on the healthy eating and exercise and it works out fine over the course of the month.
  • TLCfit
    Options
    I have found that to be true ... not sure if it is due to slight bloat/water retention just before or what ... but I have that same thing where I can be consistent, but then have 1 week or so where the scale doesn't budge, then it goes back to inching down after about a week. So I don't exactly why, but I can tell you that you aren't alone! :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I often actually gain 1-2 pounds right around that time and the next week I lose like 2-3 pounds (sometimes even 4). I have a tendency to get very bloated (regardless of how much water I drink). I have just come to the realization that this is how my body works. Don't get discouraged...Keep up the good work and plugging along - remember the scale is just a number!!:flowerforyou:
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes but it is usually water weight, you might lose extra next week! :)
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately normal... I tend to gain a pound or two during TOM...
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i normaly gain also but have a big drop the week after,,,
    also around ovulation time too!
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    yes and I spot alot during the month so I really have to work especially difficult to lose but totally possible so don't be discouraged.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes, exactly. I have the same problem: three weeks a month I lose steadily, the other week I plateau or gain. Everyone else's comments are correct. Your hormone levels affect how much water your body retains and how efficiently it processes calories. Higher or lower levels of certain hormones throw off the body's normal chemical reactions. That's why it's harder to lose weight when you're stressed, when you aren't getting enough sleep, and during certain times of the month. Nothing you can really do about that last one, of course, except realize that it's not your fault and it'll go down again next week.
  • kimaviles76
    kimaviles76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Gain or drop during ovulation?
  • kimaviles76
    kimaviles76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fewh! (wiping forehead)...lol. Thanks everyone...feeling better :O) I'll reweigh myself in about 5 days and let you all know how I make out. I was quite sad when the scale said I gained 2 lbs this week(this morning)...I thought "impossible"....
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes! Happens to me every month.