What do you do to help you sleep at night when you have a lot on your mind?

Options
13»

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    What works for me is clearing my mind of all thoughts. It's not as easy as it sounds. But repeatedly stopping in mid-thought and staring into the blackness of my shut eyes and concentrating on it. But after a few weeks of practice I can finally focus on, , , nothingness.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    slow down your breathing. try to do a 5-7 second count breathing in and out. the combination of slowing down your breathing and giving your mind something to do will help you knock out
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I read every night for about 10-15 minutes. It helps turn my brain off.
  • DeliciousAmbiguity1
    DeliciousAmbiguity1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I struggle with sleep too. I do find that some kind of back ground noise helps me to relax if not sleep. With does leave me feeling better rested. I like thunder storm recordings.
  • laura14fit
    laura14fit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Reading before bed instead of screen time. Listening to rain sounds in a dark, cooled bedroom. Counting my blessings and praying for all the people in my life. DON'T lie in bed tossing and turning. Make the bed a place for peaceful repose. If all rlse fails, just get up and sit with a small light and a book. Go back to bed as soon as you start to tire even a little. Look at the stars or the moon. Cultivate peace inside yourself, daytime or nighttime. Sleep will come.