Sending Kids Back to School?

Options
PAPYRUS3
PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
I am a teacher (I'm not a parent).

I'm so not looking forward to going back to work...talk about stress!.

Wondering if you and your family have decided what you are doing around the whole 'going to back school' thing?

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Well for one, I absolutely have a higher appreciation for teachers. Not that I didn't before but this really puts all of the efforts and time you guys put into this into perspective. So thank you πŸ’• My school district is doing hybrid learning. 2 days in person learning. Mondays is a no school day and the rest is online learning. They did give us an option for 100% remote learning but my oldest decided to do in person learning because it would benefit her more as she's taking a college course. My 11 year old has special classes so her being in person at school will benefit her more than being 100% remote.. I will be driving them and picking them up from school from now on as the district has limited only 50 student on a single bus. Both kids have different schedules so I will driving from one school to another. Sounds like I'll be having tons of fun πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Well for one, I absolutely have a higher appreciation for teachers. Not that I didn't before but this really puts all of the efforts and time you guys put into this into perspective. So thank you πŸ’• My school district is doing hybrid learning. 2 days in person learning. Mondays is a no school day and the rest is online learning. They did give us an option for 100% remote learning but my oldest decided to do in person learning because it would benefit her more as she's taking a college course. My 11 year old has special classes so her being in person at school will benefit her more than being 100% remote.. I will be driving them and picking them up from school from now on as the district has limited only 50 student on a single bus. Both kids have different schedules so I will driving from one school to another. Sounds like I'll be having tons of fun πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

50 on one bus? 😬 That sounds like an awful lot of kids in one.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

50 on one bus? 😬 That sounds like an awful lot of kids in one.

My thoughts exactly πŸ˜† but clearly the district is much better at math than I am πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚
  • MFPUser73629
    MFPUser73629 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We’re not a fan of public education. Our children have continued their private education schedule including part time schooling through the summer.

It is what it is, but the public education systems inability to resume school, be it in person or virtually, is concerning.
  • MFPUser73629
    MFPUser73629 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have home schooled my daughter since Kindergarten she will be a Sophomore next Thursday (Aug.20th) :)

Homeschooling, co-ops, and private have served us very well.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have applied for lockdown learning for my kids. It is a mission sharing 1 computer (that is on the edge if packing up) between the 3 of us but I think it is much less stressful! We have all had covid (although only my parents were tested, so it is not certain) but still, wearing masks and trying to concentrate for my easily distracted kids is going to be a nightmare
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Our county public schools are going virtual. That works fine for my rising high school freshman because she can self-manage and works well online. For my rising 5th grader who has learning challenges and autism, that's a problem. I can telework so I can be here, but he really needs face-to-face learning and I'm not enough. We just enrolled him in a private school for this year where they will be there in-person.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    We’re not a fan of public education. Our children have continued their private education schedule including part time schooling through the summer.

It is what it is, but the public education systems inability to resume school, be it in person or virtually, is concerning.

The public schools around here are worried about getting sued...that's what is driving the whole virtual learning thing. And they should be worried because you know they would get sued in a heartbeat if a student or teacher got the virus. That's the world we live in.