Gained weight!

Options
I recently had a baby and decided to start exercising and counting calories again. I only started 4 days ago but I gained 0.8 lbs! I'm so pissed about it. I literally weigh, measure, and record every single morsel that enters my mouth. I also started doing squats, leg lifts, and glute bridges, around 50 to 100 of each per day. Apparently I need 3200 calories to maintain my weight but clearly not! I know it's only been 4 days but I already feel like quitting. Anyway... here's to do 5.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,386 Member
    Options
    You cannot determine your weight trend based on only 4 days. Fat loss is slow. Quick changes however are due to water weight fluctuations (from exercise, hormonal cycle, etc.) and variations in food waste in your system.

I would suggest reading this:
    https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

And using a weight trending of (Libra or HappyScale) to filter out short term weight fluctuations and determine your real weight trend.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I recently had a baby and decided to start exercising and counting calories again. I only started 4 days ago but I gained 0.8 lbs! I'm so pissed about it. I literally weigh, measure, and record every single morsel that enters my mouth. I also started doing squats, leg lifts, and glute bridges, around 50 to 100 of each per day. Apparently I need 3200 calories to maintain my weight but clearly not! I know it's only been 4 days but I already feel like quitting. Anyway... here's to do 5.

How did you get a maintenance of 3200 calories per day? That seems very high for a woman....
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

How did you get a maintenance of 3200 calories per day? That seems very high for a woman....

I second that sentiment. Are you sure maintenance is that high???
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I got a flat tire on my car, so I slashed the other three.

You can’t give up so quick. Fitness and body composition is a life long endeavor.

Just keep going.

Only if I need new ones and they are still under warranty....
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Ouch. I got a flat tire on my car, so I slashed the other three.

You can’t give up so quick. Fitness and body composition is a life long endeavor.

Just keep going.

Only if I need new ones and they are still under warranty....

I do wonder what it would be like to slash tires.

Along the same lines. My husband was returning a car rental but entered the wrong company’s driveway. The gate attendant at the rental told my husband just to back up and out the driveway but it was protected by those tire spikes thingees that prevent people from exiting thru the entrance. The attendant was not that brilliant and my husband was tired. Some severe tire damage may have been endured. He was pissed when we met up at the flight gate. Not a good way to end our vacation. He’s kind of a race car in the red kind of guy. He got over it though. HeeHee
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Any new exercise regime will cause a good portion of extra water weight. Additionally, sodium intake will create massive differences in weight.

If you're focused on weight instead fat, cut a leg off and BAM insta weight loss.

Water weight can cause significant scale fluctuations, we're talking several pounds. So, try to not focus solely on the number and give your body time to get itself where it needs to be to offer a more stable weight loss journey.