Inches before lbs, or pounds before inches??

Options
Hi all,

As you know, some of us drop lbs first and some drop inches...I thought I was dropping lbs, but the past two weeks i haven't lost anything! I weigh 170, aiming to weigh around 140 toned. I've lose 7lbs so far.

So, for those of you that lost inches first (I am still losing inches), how long did it take for you to finally drop the pounds too?

Such a frustrating process. Interested to hear your experiences!

<3,
Jenna

Replies

• GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    it's inches that get you into smaller clothes, but weight is just a psychological thing.....keep doing what you're doing, but if you think you've hit a plateau, then up the intensity/length/workouts each week.
  • sk3adik
    Options
    inches is more relevant. because one person can be heavier than the other especially when they are muscular. a muscular guy can look like as though they are obese. also, muscle is heavier than fat, so your weight could see-saw in the beginning. but when you lose inch-by-inch then you know there is progress. also weight can be altered by how much water you consumed.
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    My body is pretty much doing the same thing as yours. I've lost 10lbs but I've only lost 2 of those pounds in the last month and week. But I have been losing inches consistently. Ready to start dropping some major pounds! : ) I'd like to see what others have to say.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I started around 173, and my goal is 146, and honestly, although I see my clothes loosening up a little, and the inches going down a bit, I am slowly seeing the scale creep down over time. For me I think its a pretty slow and equal process of small losses on the scale and small losses on the measuring tape.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I decided yesterday i will be logging my inches every week but only weighing myself once a month... I got soo frustrated and upset when i found out my scale at home was 6lbs off :( ruined my whole day
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I generally follow a pattern. I lose for 2 weeks, then maintain or lose just a little (or gain a little) for 1-2 weeks. Then I lose again. I've been following this pattern for 9 months now and notice that when I don't lose, that is when I notice inches gone or I get more comments about how much I've lost. I don't stress about it. I would obviously prefer to lose every week, but I know I am making good choices, and being honest with my logging, so the weight will come off.
  • sherrylhoward
    sherrylhoward Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would love to give you advice, but I am in the same boat! I lose inches WAY faster than pounds. I had been about the same weight for a year (after losing 80 lbs.) and started tracking inches. I found that my weight stayed the same, and my inches started decreasing. To add to that, I was tracking my Body Fat %, which was also going down. I think that if your inches are going down, and your clothes fit better (or become to big...) you're doing the right thing.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am the same here too...I lost my first 7lbs in the first 2 weeks then I stayed the same for 2 weeks and this last week I actually gained a lb back.....but all the while I have lost inches......I know its progress but it is still soooo frustrating not to see the scale move when I have been working so hard.....