Jam-Filled High Protein Corn Muffins

Options
MOMvsFOOD
MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
As the school year is about to start, I have been back in the swing of keeping healthy, unprocessed foods ready and available. Muffins are a GREAT way to replace squeezy yogurts, pop-tarts, breakfast bars, and granola bars (which are surprisingly far LESS healthy than they are marketed to be).

These are FULL of protein to keep tummies full and have a sweet center from all natural fruit preserves (better than that weird sugar gel in some of the items I listed). Pressed for time in the morning? Bake up a batch in a few minutes during/after dinner and there is some goodness waiting for them in the morning.

160 calories, 2 grams of fat and SIXTEEN grams protein :bigsmile:

Check em here:

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/08/jam-filled-protein-muffins.html

Replies

• ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will try these. I have been eating the Trader Joe's banana chocolate protein muffins. They have 7 grams of protein and 130 calories...I like your muffin's stats better :)
  • NaturalBeauty82
    NaturalBeauty82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • slimdownspicey
    slimdownspicey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yum!!!!!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yummo
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    The best part is I had one at 8am for breakfast, and Im still full and satisfied 3 hours later .... Never got through 3 hours FULL on a muffin alone
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    If you like the site, I am also slowly working on menu plans so that you can see a weeks worth of recipes with the ingredients required! Hoping to start 1 a week in October :bigsmile:
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    These are in the oven right now.

Looking forward to trying them!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    Sounds good! Saving for later!
  • rainbowbrite98
    Options
    Yum, definitely going to try!
  • djjm04
    Options
    These sound delicious can't wait to try them!! Thanks for sharing!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you give protein powder to your kids?
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    I dont give them protein shakes or anything, but do add small amounts of the natural protein powder I buy in some dishes to keep them full
  • ennaejay
    Options
    ah! I just made whole-wheat cornmeal muffins yesterday! Where was this post yesterday?! LOL It's awesome to know I can add 2 scoops of protein powder to pack some punch - and the jam - awesome! Thanks for sharing

& bump :)
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    ah! I just made whole-wheat cornmeal muffins yesterday! Where was this post yesterday?! LOL It's awesome to know I can add 2 scoops of protein powder to pack some punch - and the jam - awesome! Thanks for sharing

& bump :)

Sorry :( but for the future you can use this and it is a GREAT way to boost morning protein!