Period.

Options
3 days until my flow, is it normal to still gain some water weight even tho I am counting cals?

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    YES. for the love of God, YES!!!!
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    yes, it's normal.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Very normal!!

Lots of topics posted on this. Some gain as little as a pound, others upwards of 7-10.
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    yup.
  • laurad1406
    Options
    YES. for the love of God, YES!!!!

:laugh:
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    Lol, ok. I know it's gross to talk about but I have worked so very hard on my 2 lbs lost (Im so small so its harder for me to lose) and today the scale says I gained them back. NOT POSSIBLE. lol
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third day and it sucks. :-(
    I feel vile. Have no energy to do exercise and everything hurts. I'm only thankful I don't have the ravenous appetite I usually have.
    I have actually been doing really well food wise this week, despite this. Just wish I had energy to exercise. :-(
  • diane423
    Options
    Lol, ok. I know it's gross to talk about but I have worked so very hard on my 2 lbs lost (Im so small so its harder for me to lose) and today the scale says I gained them back. NOT POSSIBLE. lol

We can gain a few pounds prior to our period.. Dont be alarmed after ur flow starts ull see the loss again
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Fight water with water. Silly but its true. If you are retaining, up your water intake. I have pushed myself to drink at LEAST 8 cups a day, and I have lost almost 3lbs in just water this week.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    *facepalm.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    GOD YES! Mine came last night and I have a date tomorrow and I look like Moby blooming ****!!! stupid mother nature! the one time I need to look sexy and like ive lost weight and i look puffy, tired and like a whale!!!

she has a lot to answer for! x
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options

I know the feeling! I had it the other day. Finally got to 140 lbs and then suddenly I'm back to where I'm started 4 weeks ago, like the whole dieting was as good as useless. I really hope this you lose it after is true!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options

I know the feeling! I had it the other day. Finally got to 140 lbs and then suddenly I'm back to where I'm started 4 weeks ago, like the whole dieting was as good as useless. I really hope this you lose it after is true!
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    Oh girls, I can relate in so many ways. This is pure torture!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous poster about fighting water with water. I always go extra full force during that week and always lose weight.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    keyboardrage4ov.gif
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I find myself getting more and more disillusioned with MFP. It is a forum, you read the posts. If you are tired unto death of people discussing periods and asking questions then why on earth do you click on this post? Maybe it is old news to you but obviously this poster wasn't sure if gaining weight during her period was normal or not. Maybe she knew it was but has never dieted and wanted to know if it would pass when her period was over.

Whatever happened to "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers?"
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have to. I. CAN'T. RESIST. AGAIN. AHHHHH

d99f7fd8.jpg
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for mine. I think it's because I ran and my uterus fell out.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Oh girls, I can relate in so many ways. This is pure torture!

You might be slightly overreacting by calling it torture, but yes, menstruating sucks.