What is your average breakfast?

Options
I work out in the mornings and try to get 1/2 to 1 english muffin in with some peanut butter to get a kick on protein. After I'm finished, a small portion of cheese or a but of canned tuna with spices added or maybe a bananna gives me my boost to make it to lunch! Of course there is about three bottles of water before, during and after my workout.

Days that I don't work out right away, I try to get some nutrients in there right away otherwise I find I don't eat the right way all day! I usually am continuously hungry and binge!

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I try to fill up on protein rather than a carb: egg whites with 2-3 slices of bacon. After a workout a protein shake with a shot of espresso, maybe a fruit.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts during the week are chobani (whatever flavor I have) and sometimes I add granola cereal into it for some crunch, or I have an english muffin with TJ peanut butter and some fresh jam or a banana. On the weekends I like to make bacon and eggs or omlets.
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with a scoop of protein and egg whites!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I either have a bowl of farina made with skim, almond, or soy milk and splenda or a bowl of kids cereal like lucky charms or froot loops with skim, almond, or soy milk. I work out in the afternoons so I usually get in some lunch before then... my lunch is just another breakfast though. I usually have two scrambled eggs and two slices of toast!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Maybe eggs with spinach & cheese or Fiber One cereal with soy milk & a fruit.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    it varies. today i had homemade iced coffee with vanilla almond milk and sugar free caramel syrup and a whole wheat mini bagel with pb2. it was delicious.
  • richellecc
    Options
    I don't usually get enough time in the mornings to cook myself an egg-white omelet packed with veggies, which is what I would like to have, so I make a piece of multigrain toast with Laughing Cow light spreadable cheese, and layer slices of tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts, etc...make an open faced sandwich! It's not too high in calories, and it's got great nutrients etc!
  • snhatfield
    Options
    On mornings I don't workout I usually do one of three things:
    -Cut half a banana up into pieces and eat it in AllBran with Silk rather than milk. Then save the other half of the banana for a mid-morning snack with a little bit of peanutbutter. -MyFavorite-
    -Sometimes I will have a glass of orange juice first thing in the morning and then snack on a celery, carrots and cucumbers mix until about 10. I always seem to have a problem getting my veggies in and this way I can be sure to get them in. You will be supprised at how little you will be hungry for by lunch time.
    -On the weekends I make a box of the FiberOne muffins and one morning I will eat one of those with a peach and a glass of Silk. It satisfies the sweet craving early on so that way its out of your system by the end of the day.
  • mjersh
    Options
    oatmeal with a side of turkey bacon!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs and two strips of bacon most days
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    4 eggs and 3 bacon and 2 beef sausage patties.
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    whole wheat waffles, sugar free raspberry preserves and 2 turkey sausage links
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Eggs, sardine, avocado. Lots of protein and fat -- no sugar. It helps to start me off without the cravings.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I avoid lots of carby and especially bread-like things because they dont keep me full, the exception is oatmeal, which I eat plain, or with splenda and nuts.
    My go-to breakfast is Fage 0 or 2% with blueberries, ground cinnamon and ground flax. Keeps me the fullest the longest
    or eggs/whites with veggies and a little cheese on a sandwich thin
    or Pacific almond milk with designer whey protein.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have a very light breakfast because I workout at night and sit at a desk all day. It's almost always a glass of chocolate soy milk. Sometimes I'll have a snack before lunch, usually either a can of V8, handful of almonds, or piece of fruit. On the weekends I workout in the morning so I often have oats or a whole grain waffle w pb and maple syrup.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, usually salmon, sometimes bacon or sausage. Plus some fruit and usually espresso.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a half cup of dannon all natural plain fat free yogurt (50 cals), 1/4 cup Cabot fat free cottage cheese (35 cals), 1/2 cup egg beaters with seasonings (60 cals) and 2 slices of country kitchen light wheat bread (70 cals) with some walden farms zero calorie fruit spread on it. This whole breakfast only adds up to about 215 calories!!!! Also, sometimes i add 1 tsp. of smuckers all natural creamy peanut butter (33 cals)
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have some plain greek yogurt with granola, peanut butter, & sometimes fruit mixed in. So good!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Not a big breakfast eater... So mine varies from no breakfast, to eggs, sometimes fruit, smoothies, protein shakes, and cereal. Yep, I even still eat coco puffs :0/
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Man I'm so boring. I just have a bowl of ceral (some version of Chex usually) with a cup of 2% milk over the top.