H1C from 9 to 6.5 in three months.

Options
Three months ago, my doctor got my attention by telling me my H1C had leapt up to 9. I hauled out a dusty glucose monitor and discovered my blood sugar was in the mid-300s. Since then, I've been losing weight at about 1.5 pounds/week and lost 25 pounds so far. I've also started exercising 5 to 6 days per week. And, huzzah!! My H1C is back down to 6.5!

I still have about 100 pounds to lose but I turn 70 in January and have been overweight/obese since puberty. I'm just saying that we all can do this no matter our age, no matter how long we've been overweight.

Replies

• Maesneuadd
    Maesneuadd Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done Heidi. It can be hard but, as you show, it is eminently possible.
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Whoo, that's awesome! ♥️ Congratulations!
  • MLauryl
    MLauryl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go Heidi! You're an inspiration!

• jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • collinalcars
    collinalcars Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    You’ve got this Heidi!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Much love, Heidi. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts. Keep it up!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Way to go Heidi !
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,096 Member
    Options
    Amazing job .......Congrats Heidi :)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Wow. You think this was ALL diet? I’m trying to lower my mom’s ( I’m her caretaker) and have complete control of her diet. I try to have her exercise, but I’m choosing my battles!😣
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Age has so little to do with things, truly.
  • AmazonAndi78
    AmazonAndi78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is outstanding! Congrats, Heidi!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to take charge of your own health! Great job!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Wow. You think this was ALL diet? I’m trying to lower my mom’s ( I’m her caretaker) and have complete control of her diet. I try to have her exercise, but I’m choosing my battles!😣

It was some diet, some a combination of Metformin & Jardiance, and some increasing my calorie burn through exercise, both aerobic & weight bearing. But no crazy serious exercise. About 1/2 hour of water walking 3 or 4 times a week and about 15 minutes of weight machine circuit 2 or 3 times a week -- all with a bit of added walking to get back and forth to the fitness center (about .7 miles round trip) -- otherwise I am a total couch potato. My hobbies involve books or yarn -- all conducive to the sedentary life.

So, my calorie deficit is about sedentary TDEE - 300 but I don't count exercise and am losing at about 1.5 pounds a week.

Some of it was also keeping my carbohydrates below 170/day. My average is about 140/day and my endocrinologist is happy.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!