Phentermine

Options
Anyone use it for help with weight loss? I've been taking it almost a month now.....

Thoughts?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,715 Member
    Options
    The biggest drawback on using a drug as a weight loss tool is that when one gets off the drug, they learned nothing on how to actually suppress or control their appetite on their own, which is why 90% of the people who stop using it regain weight.
    If the intent is to lose weight and keep it off, it's better to learn how to do it sans phentermine.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The biggest drawback on using a drug as a weight loss tool is that when one gets off the drug, they learned nothing on how to actually suppress or control their appetite on their own, which is why 90% of the people who stop using it regain weight.
    If the intent is to lose weight and keep it off, it's better to learn how to do it sans phentermine.

QFT
  • captaindle
    captaindle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm using Phent as part of a doctor monitored program. As part of that, I'm being taught good eating habits, the science behind how our bodies respond to certain foods, the importance of exercise and what types to do, and how to maintain after I lose the weight. I've lost a lot of weight in the past and bounced from a size 18 to a size 8. But I never understood maintenance. I feel like the Phent is helping me eat less now so I can develop the habits I'll need to carry me into maintenance. It also helps that for the first time, I'm not viewing weight loss as a short term thing that I can do and then return to my old habits. I've already seen how that works! Best of luck to you!
  • lovelylisa555
    lovelylisa555 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost quite a bit of weight with it in the past ( maybe 5 years ago) along with diet and exercise - along with curbing your appetite it increases your metabolism. So you get more bang for your diet buck so to speak..I’ve put some weight on with menopause and a stint with HRT that I just can’t budge so I starting it again wish me luck ! And yep it’s always tough to keep it off ...the struggle is real lol