Weight on......meals out again

Hi, can anyone help of give me words of encouragement, I started at the beginning of June and was steadily losing 1lb a week which is fine with me. Over the last few weeks I’m not back to having tea out and having a few nights away and I got weighed this morning and I’ve put 4lbs on. I’m never really bad and don’t go overboard and I have been under calories for the other days. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for the long post.
I’ve got 30 weeks until my wedding and want at least 2 stone off xx

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Eating differently can lead to short term water weight gain.
  • Agree with nanamerriman2020-- same thing happens to me when I take a couple weeks off, especially if the time off was carb-heavy. If you're like me, if you get back to it for even a few days, you'll see a 2-3lb drop immediately from water weight
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Agree with everyone. Get back to what worked, and it will sort itself out. Water weight comes and goes fast. Good luck with wedding plans.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Eating differently can lead to short term water weight gain.

This and it is nothing to worry about. You don't actually weight one true weight. You weigh a range. For me that range is about 7.6 pounds under normal conditions for others it is less. The reason for the weight curve is bodily waste and variations in water levels.

You didn't gain 4 pounds of fat. Fat coming and going happens VERY slowly under normal circumstance. Water and waste (mainly water IME) are the dramatic changes on the scale.

Also, you can be losing fat weight while your scale goes north. The scale only measures the total change not the specific change in composition. So fat weight can be going down while water weight goes up which masks the fat loss.

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

Do not allow the scale to get in your head. There will be times you will need to take your foot off the gas a little. This is normal or at least it has been for me.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,107 Member
    In case of eating out, your salt intake has probably gone up, which can cause extra water retention.
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    The good news is that most of that 4lbs is going to be water weight. Generally, eating out means higher levels of sodium and high sodium means the cells will retain fluid to dilute it. Go back to what you were doing before, drink lots of water, and in a few days that number will drop back down. You may even find that you lose a bit because a few days of eating more can temporarily boost your metabolism. Don't get discouraged! We all have to live a little from time to time.