93 Calories!! Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups OHYEAH!

Options

Replies

• luckygirlblue78
    Options
    bump what is better than peanut butter

It's a peanut butter product that Trader Joe's carries. In 2 Tbsp it has only 100 calories and 2 grams of fat. No refined sugars, no cholesterol and no preservatives. No, it's not skippy, but it's so much better for you and it works SOOOO WELL in this recipe!!!
    *** It's delicious!!! ***

www.betternpeanutbutter.com
  • ivy2009
    Options
    I made this recipe over the weekend. It is HEAVENLY. It is a recipe I will save and make again for myself and for guests. Here are some things I noticed. There was extra filling, so I set it aside and we ate it alone after chilled in refrigerator. it was DELICIOUS, like a really yummy tasting chocolate peanut butter mousse. You can make and serve the chilled filling alone as a dessert to serve to guests and it is low fat and low calorie. You could add a very small cookie on the side, and again have a rich and beautiful dessert that is low in calories.

I should have left the filled peanut butter cups in the cupcake tin, covered with foil, and frozen them first in the tin. Then they retain their shape better and look prettier. After frozen, it they require longer storage, you can put them in tupperward and freeze them.

The graham cracker crusts were YUMMY! They make the dessert different from just serving as a mousse. The crusts were a bit crumbly, so I will try one extra tablespoon of low fat smart butter next time. It won't add many calories and may help the crust hold up, especially if serving to guests.

To make measuring peanut butter and cool whip easier, you can check the side of the packages and guesstimate pretty well, such as a third a jar of PB or about 1/2 a tub of cool whip, etc. Just try to get it close based on information on the labels on the jars. This recipe does NOT fall aparty if you are slightly off in measurements, unlike baked goods which require some precision.
  • lorjill
    lorjill Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bumpity, bump, bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bump, this just maybe my new best friend. thanks :smile:
  • tlwheeler
    Options
    bump
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • cali_co
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Can't wait to try them!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bumpity, bump, bump
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    bump
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kko64
    kko64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    wow this looks delish! saving for later...
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shannonhurley88
    Shannonhurley88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nursejacki89
    Nursejacki89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SimplyLiving21
    Options
    These sound delicious! I could never cut chocolate or peanut butter from my diet :)
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wagner05
    Options
    Bump
  • lola2mato