Weight Loss

I was on keto and lost 15 lbs. Keto isnt the most healthy so I switched to whole foods a few weeks ago. I exercise 6 days a week alternating between weights and jui jitsu. I keep track of my macros on MFP. I drink about 100 oz of water daily. I have my macros set on 45% carbs, 25% fat and 30% protien. I need to lose another 10 lbs but I have been stuck between 139 and 141 for 2 months now. I'm trying not to get discouraged but I feel it happening. What can I do to break through this next 10 lbs?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Your last 10 lbs healthy weight loss would be .5 lbs a week. That's not a lot of room for errors. Are you using a food scale and logging everything that you eat?
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 989 Member
    Also, how much do you weigh now and how tall are you? And, set to lose .5lb a week, how many calories is MFP giving you?

If you're short and you're given 1200, it might be worth changing your Goal to 'Maintain current weight' for 5 minutes to see how many cals that is. If the difference between your maintenance calories and 1200 is less than 250, you'll be losing even slower than 0.5lb a week and may not see movement on the bathroom scales very often. You'll also need to be very accurate with your logging, both of calories in and also exercise calories.

(1200 is the minimum MFP will set as that's the minimum recommended unless under medical supervision)
  • Christina7553
    Christina7553 Posts: 3 Member
    I am 5'4" and weigh 139 lbs. My goal is 125-130. MPF has my calorie intake to be 1200 daily. I do enter my food and exercise in MPF and try to be as accurate as possible. I do not have a food scale though. If I want to lose more weight, what should my macro percentages be?
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Lower carbohydrates and raise protein percentages.

40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat.

Are you on any supplements for weight loss?I have Alphamine pre-workout but getting a few bottles of OxyMax XT and SlinMax XT soon.
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Are you on any supplements for weight loss?I have Alphamine pre-workout but getting a few bottles of OxyMax XT and SlinMax XT soon.
    Lol, classic bro science.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I missed that phrase, bro science lol, its been a while.
  • RepswithRyan
    NovusDies wrote: »

Are they zero calorie drinks? Otherwise they count against your daily/week calorie budget.

There is no magical formula for weight loss and no way to speed it up other than creating more deficit. Lowering carbs just releases more water weight which may make the scale go down but only temporarily.

OxyMax XT is a thermogenic fat burner that contains Forskolin.

OxyMax XT
    B-phenylethylamine HCl – A powerful trace amine that activates adrenaline and noradrenaline to increase metabolic rate, leading to fat loss.

Paradoxine Grains of Paradise – A culinary spice that activates brown adipose tissue, which burns fat through heat production.

Nelumbo Nucifera (std. to Higenamine) – the sacred lotus plant stimulates fat loss in many ways, increasing fat burning while decreasing appetite.

Coleus Forskohlii (Root) Extract – A well-known Ayurvedic medicinal that burns fat and increases muscle.

Fucoxanthin – A molecule from brown seaweed that is stored in fat tissue and acts to limit fat cell growth.

By combining caffeine with trace amines, you will experience a clean energy boost that increases your metabolic rate in a natural and sustained way to keep fat burning efficiently all day. Supporting ingredients like Nelumbo Nucifera ensure that appetite stays low while fatty acid availability is high so that the right fuels get burned. Give your regimen the support that it needs with a supplement that addresses all aspects of fat loss

SlinMax XT
    Na-R-ALA – A stable form of alpha lipoic acid, which increases both insulin action and blood flow, for improved nutrient delivery.
    Agmatine sulfate – Enhances insulin action without affecting insulin levels to act synergistically with insulin enhancers.

Berberine HCl – Improves insulin sensitivity and nutrient repartitioning as well as some s.
    Banaba extract – Increases carbohydrate delivery while simultaneously shrinking fat cells.

Trigonella Seed Isolate – Studies have shown improved insulin action and increased glycogen replenishment after Trigonella seed consumption.
  • RepswithRyan
    NovusDies wrote: »

Are they zero calorie drinks? Otherwise they count against your daily/week calorie budget.

There is no magical formula for weight loss and no way to speed it up other than creating more deficit. Lowering carbs just releases more water weight which may make the scale go down but only temporarily.

No.

Oxymax XT is a thermogenic fat burner that contains Forskolin and B-phenylethylamine HCl – A powerful trace amine that activates adrenaline and noradrenaline to increase metabolic rate, leading to fat loss.

SlinMax XT contains Na-R-ALA and Agmatine sulfate which have both been proven to increase nutrition partitioning and insulin action.