Getting Healthy

Options
Hey all! I'm 25 f and I've been trying to start working towards becoming healthier. Stuff always happens and throws me off and I end up back at square one... It would be great to talk to some people to get motivated. I'm tired of being unhealthy. I want to finally be healthy

Replies

• seemichaelalose
    seemichaelalose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yaaasssss girl! I’m in the same boat! I just turned 28 and ready for a change. I’ve been overweight my entire life. I don’t want to be skinny, I want to be strong and healthy! Happy to chat!
  • BadNew54u
    BadNew54u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stuff always happens and throws me off and I end up back at square one...

You need to find healthy food you can learn to love, not love right away. My relationship with oats in the morning didn't start off great, but I stuck with it and I'm glad I did because I found lots of great recipes that I love today and couldn't live without. Find a way to exercise that you really enjoy. Exercise you enjoy will always be better then stuff you don't. If you find you don't enjoy something, look at alternatives and make it happen! I hate jogging, and I never liked mountain bikes, but as a kid I loved BMX bikes. Maybe it's not as good for cardio, but I ride it because I enjoy it, while if I had bought the cycler/mountain bike everyone said to buy it would be in my garage collecting dust today.

Find your own way to be healthy. Find something that you love and that works for you. If you are forcing yourself to do exercises you hate, that excuse fellow will creep in again and then BAM! you're right back where you started.

One last piece of advice. Don't get taken off course when you make a big mistake. We all make them along this Journey. You have to forgive yourself for cheating, and stay the course. I once pigged out for a week on junk food after having lost 50 pounds, and packed back on 12 pounds in 1 week. I forgave myself, and got back to work like it never happened, and soon enough I had my progress back and was again moving in the right direction.