Garmin steps

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Wow, thanks. I learned something new. I see the same thing as you on the app. I have never looked at it before.

Today I see nothing though. I wonder if I'll see it eventually (I've walked a whopping 986 steps so far today :D ).

Edit to add: The steps did show up after I opened the Garmin App.

You’re unlikely to get extra calories for 986 steps. 🤗
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I have my garmin connect account connected to myfitnesspal, but is there a way for the steps to auto sync in myfitnesspal? That way it shows my exercise calories there automatically? Thank you!

It already does it on mine and i hate it. Can't delete it either so i ignore it
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Garmin and MFP are smart enough to not count my steps double during my runs. Tomorrow I expect to have 35000+ steps but they won't be counted on MFP since I'll be running a race. They will still show up on Garmin. Now that I know where to look I'll be curious to see if they show on MPF as well (even though they are not counted).

They should show up on MFP app since it sounds like you have the accounts linked.

Not sure what you mean by show on MFP even though they are not counted?

MFP isn't counting any steps anyway unless you told it to use your phone or another device as a step counter, in which case you wouldn't be getting any data from Garmin since you have to select that account as your step source to get rest of the data.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    It works as expected. The steps show up but I got 0 calories for them since my race was already counted.

d41shbim4sf6.jpg
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    That's odd... I just noticed my calorie goal is wrong in the app. It should be higher (as it is on the web page). Hmmmmm...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Oh bad, app updates from the server.
    Perhaps not all the updates occurred for total figures?

Now I see what you mean by steps show up but 0 calories from them.
    Actually, yes it did, but MFP accounts for subtracting any workouts it knows about from total daily burn.
    Steps is merely a figure like glasses of water. MFP just chooses to display them there. But it has nothing to do with the calorie count info in that line.

Tap and hold on that Adjustment line in your MFP Exercise list.
    It should give the total calorie burn for the day GC sent over and time stamp.

And then it will show what it estimated your daily burn would be with the workout added.

And you must not have burned as much as MFP was expecting, hence no adjustment. But you also probably don't have negative adjustment enabled.
    I got that yesterday with long bike ride.
    Outside of ride I was well below sedentary.

timt81gmmbdx.png

qvzdzgk026cy.png