Premature Ventricular Contractions after exercise?

Options
A.k.a those annoying heart palpitations where you feel an abnormal thud beat, a pause, and then it goes back to normal. >.> Does anyone else get these? I tend to get them a lot after exercise, which I guess is just related to the epinephrine. If so, does anyone know how to reduce the frequency naturally? They don’t hurt and are harmless but I find them distracting when they happen because you become uncomfortably aware of your own heart. Thanks! 💜

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I get them mostly when I'm very relaxed, very stressed (or after too much caffeine), or during my period.

They don't bother me, but have you tried doing the Valsalva Maneuver?
  • lilharumaki
    lilharumaki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I get them mostly when I'm very relaxed, very stressed (or after too much caffeine), or during my period.

I actually haven’t though of that, usually because I’m just thinking about how tired I am haha. Do you usually just hold your breath and bear down?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

I actually haven’t though of that, usually because I’m just thinking about how tired I am haha. Do you usually just hold your breath and bear down?

Well no, I haven't tried it myself (or I don't remember) since I'm not particularly bothered by them 🙂
    Apparently it doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot.
  • _just_do_not_quit
    _just_do_not_quit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently sat with a 24hr ECG on as I was having palpitations for a few days straight with no let up and an overnight HR of 39BPM. ECGs at the time showed an ectopic heart rate and now I am under the cardiologist. I would seek medical advise on this, some things are too important to take lightly.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.

I was referred to cardiology for 24 hr Holter monitor, echocardiogram, and stress testing in March. Then Covid hit, all appointments were canceled, I still have the same issues, and now have to start the process all over again. Its very uncomfortable.

Please get checked out.
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A.k.a those annoying heart palpitations where you feel an abnormal thud beat, a pause, and then it goes back to normal. >.> Does anyone else get these? I tend to get them a lot after exercise, which I guess is just related to the epinephrine. If so, does anyone know how to reduce the frequency naturally? They don’t hurt and are harmless but I find them distracting when they happen because you become uncomfortably aware of your own heart. Thanks! 💜

I assume that since you know about the PVCs you have already seen a doctor? There are several threads here about them; just search "PVCs." According to my doctor I have them occasionally but I have never "felt" them at all. Good luck.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    This is is the sort of issue you need to take medical advice on.

I doubt there is any way to naturally reduce the frequency - get it checked out and follow medical advice.

Do not seek advice from Dr Google or posters on a discussion forum.