Need accountability partners

Options
Having a really hard time staying motivated and need people who will stay on me with no mercy

Replies

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Like I'm good with being your friend but you have to be motivated to do this for yourself. At the end of the day it's not going to be anyone here that gets you up and moving or keeps you from eating that treat
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    BeastModeBeauty87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    And I get that... Im not in denial that I have to be my biggest motivator. But I also need someone who can help push me.
  • brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you can do this. I used to think when I ate the wrong things or had some high calorie days I f***d up my diet. That's simply not the case if you log everything on mfp and after a bad day you only gain 1.5 lbs after 5 weeks if you eat that way everyday. Where when i have good days it will tell me I will have lost 17 to 20 lbs lighter its encouraging. You do have to absolutely want it and be all in. I haven't been perfect at all but have now lost 62 lbs in only 11 weeks starting at 382lbs now 320. I want to reach my goal weight of 225 lbs in a year or be pretty close.
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean ! I started back Tuesday after years if not caring ! I am apprehensive about loosing my motivation again !
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    We can inspire and help motivate but you have to dig deep and have the will and drive to do this.
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    Options
    I know that. Like I said, Im not in denial of that at all. Im just the type of person that does better if I have someone giving me that extra push
  • deema1963
    deema1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly what your saying. There is nothing wrong with asking for an accountability partner. That is also someone who can also celebrate your successes! I keep telling myself that I have to take it one day at a time. I am 57 and don’t have any grandchildren yet. I want to lose weight and get healthy, not only for myself in general but so I can be the kind of grandma who can roll around the floor and play with them. How can I help hold you accountable?
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    Options
    deema1963 wrote: »
    I understand exactly what your saying. There is nothing wrong with asking for an accountability partner. That is also someone who can also celebrate your successes! I keep telling myself that I have to take it one day at a time. I am 57 and don’t have any grandchildren yet. I want to lose weight and get healthy, not only for myself in general but so I can be the kind of grandma who can roll around the floor and play with them. How can I help hold you accountable?

Thank you! Its not that I'm relying on other people to be my motivation... Just help me along with it and if that means getting into a bit of a drill sergeant stance with me, by all means do it! 😆 Im an emotional eater and will use my emotions as an excuse to feel sorry for myself and eat whatever i want... And it has to stop! And the thing is, I can give advice and research tips all day long... But have a hard time practicing what I preach. I just turned 33 last month and Im afraid of where Im headed if I don't do something about my health but I dont have the best support system around me. Thats what I was hoping to find here.
  • lweight35
    lweight35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    am new here and in the same boat. Would like to team up.
  • brendog79
    Options
    A lot of people have doubted me or probably think I will give up. It sucks when you have lost over 60 lbs and hardly anyone can tell. I got depressed today when I looked at my body with my shirt off and realized I got a ways too go. But I know if I keep on a year from now ill have a much different body and then I can work on getting more of a fitness type physique.
  • brendog79
    Options
    I started by just dieting and luckily the first two weeks I dropped a lot of weight which kept me motivated but have been going for long brisk walks everyday along with my diet and the weight has started coming back off quicker. You must meet your calorie workout goals or exceed them and be in a modest calorie deficit and try not to eat back your exercise calories. I also recommend eating more protein. Try to eat almost as much as your carbs and try to keep your fat between 20 to 28%. You should be drinking almost nothing but water and drink a lot it will make you pee a lot but will regulate your body efficiently and flush everything out.