Didn’t lose this week.

Options
So, started my weight loss journey a month ago. I was losing weight pretty steadily every week. Started at 161 and I’m down to 151. This week I haven’t seen a change in weight loss at all. I haven’t changed anything which is really discouraging. I’m happy with that I’ve lost already, but I’m dying to see the 140’s on my scale. What can I do to jumpstart my weight loss again? Even if it’s not as rapid as it’s been?

Replies

• keke7133
    keke7133 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Correction! Something has changed. I’ve been drinking my Tim Hortons coffee with 2c and 2 sugar once a day, but I always make sure it’s within my calories allowed for the day
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Screenshot-20200816-213828-My-Fitness-Pal.jpg

It happens
  • amitgagal
    amitgagal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think you should have to upgrade your diet plan or exercise and just give your best.. you'll get your result soon... happy journey 🙂
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    keke7133 wrote: »
    So, started my weight loss journey a month ago. I was losing weight pretty steadily every week. Started at 161 and I’m down to 151. This week I haven’t seen a change in weight loss at all. I haven’t changed anything which is really discouraging. I’m happy with that I’ve lost already, but I’m dying to see the 140’s on my scale. What can I do to jumpstart my weight loss again? Even if it’s not as rapid as it’s been?

What's your goal weight? Unless the first week or so included a lot of water weight, 2.5 pounds per week is probably too quick a rate of loss anyway.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your expectations aren't helping. No one losses every week.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    There are definitely ebbs and flows with weight loss. How often do you weigh and is it a consistent time/setting? I always weigh first thing in the AM, post potty break, T-shirt and undies. I also weighed daily just to have the numbers to track because I think it’s fun :p . It is a crazy up and down line! And even though I don’t have monthly cycles thanks to a hysterectomy, there are subtle patterns in those ups and downs. I am also one to level out and bounce around for a week or two, then BAM! Whoosh of a couple pounds lost seemingly out of nowhere.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you lost 10 lbs in a month, that’s over 2lbs a week. That isn’t a sustainable rate of weight loss.

It also depends on how much overall weight you have to lose. I have another 46lbs to go, and I consistently lose 1 lb or so a week. However, I have some weeks where it’s more or less or not at all. Different factors contribute such as time of the month, how many salty foods I ate that week, how much exercise (especially strength training and DOMS which contributes to water weight), etc.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You can do the same exact routine and eating 2 weeks in a row and not get the same result. Do you exercise?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png