Hi everyone! Plus size college student here!

Options
I have to say I really do love this site. I have it on my iphone and it's helped me realize that, despite eating healthy, I was still eating too much..

I recently had surgery a month ago that required them to break and realign a bone and its surrounding ligaments, so I have not recieved an A-OK to start exercising again by my doc. I HAVE gotten an A-OK to walk, and have been walking for the past two weeks. Until I'm good to exercise, I'll be trying to do daily walks for 30 minutes.

I'm looking for other plus size girls and boys on here who want a support system and want to discuss their issues and exciting happenings with someone else.

I must tell you first--I am a very confident person, I do accept my body for what it is. I do not, how ever, want it to always look like this, for health and beauty reasons. I would do best socializing with individuals who perhaps feel the same way, but still suffer bad days just like anyone else.

Thanks and hope to get to know some of you soon!

-Sara

Replies

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm a college student as well.

I had the iphone app for a while and then joined, it's a really great website and the app is awesome!

Good luck with your weight loss, and you're doing it for the right reasons!
  • snhatfield
    Options
    Welcome! I joined MFP awhile back but was gone on military orders and got back about a month ago and have gotten kinda lazy on keeping up on all my logs. I definately need the motivational support to stay active and healthy, especially with the holiday seasons just around the corner that's my all time weakness :(
    I'd be glad to join ya!

-Stephanie-
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Fair play to u on never giving up!!! wish u al the best and we are all here to help each other!!! we'll reach our goals wit our determination!!! u go girl!!!
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    also i love ur hair!!!
  • angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not in college, but I graduated a few years ago. This site is awesome, it really helps me to track everything I've eaten, and it's helping me to lose weight at a steady pace. You'll love it!
  • hillar22
    Options
    I'm a recent graduate to college, and just joining MFP. Good luck on school. It was the best and worst time of my life, but man I'm glad to be done. I have found that since I got married and had a baby last year, I have gotten lazy and just seem to always have an excuse to not lose weight.
  • mbrown723
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the site too and I'm also a College (Grad) student! I just joined the site because I need a way to keep track of what I'm eating. I am also confident and accept my body, but I know I need to make a change in order to live a long and healthy life. I'm hoping the site keeps me accountable for the foods I'm putting in my body and the excercise that I'm doing. It's nice to know there are other people around the same age making the same positive changes!

Good luck to us all, we can do it!!
  • cdorne
    Options
    I'm also new to the site and in college (graduating in December, woohoo!). I'd love to have some people to help me stay accountable and encouraged- my size 0 roommate who eats fast food everyday might not be the best help! I'm definitely in the same boat about being confident, but still wanting to make a change. Maybe we could start a group? I'm not sure how to do that, but almost everyone on the "Motivation/Support" page is in a closed group.

Really excited to see other people wanting to do this!
  • leemoody310
    Options
    I to am a pluz size college girl. I am definitely not happy with my size but I do love being me. I have been married for 3 years
    and has a 2yr old son. In 2001 I was a size 26 I join Curves and lost about 135lbs. I was then between a size 6 and 8. Since married and the baby I am between 16 and18. I am trying very hard to lose some of this weight.
  • kylee2003
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also a college student. I am seriously overweight and I have downloaded MFP to try and keep myself from over indulging. I'd love to add you to my friend list.

CW: About 220 (this is just a guess becuase I haven't actually been on a scale in about 3 months)
    GW: Between 125 and 135

My girlfriend and I are getting married in April and I don't want to have to wear a size 22 dress. I'd be content to be into a size 18 by then. We are investing in a gym membership next week and have already started eating healthier. Good luck to you and hope everythign works for you!

~Kylee~
  • fatreddhead
    Options
    Welcome! Another college student here.. I joined the site about a year ago and it has been such a big help along the way. The community is amazing and the tools are fantastic. I wish you the best of luck on reaching your goals! :D
  • narenn
    Options
    College student here (2nd year). Was roughly 270lbs early march of this year. Still got a solid 20lbs+ to go. Feel free to add me.

And welcome to MFP!
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    I'm also new to the site and in college (graduating in December, woohoo!). I'd love to have some people to help me stay accountable and encouraged- my size 0 roommate who eats fast food everyday might not be the best help! I'm definitely in the same boat about being confident, but still wanting to make a change. Maybe we could start a group? I'm not sure how to do that, but almost everyone on the "Motivation/Support" page is in a closed group.

Really excited to see other people wanting to do this!

Hi! I have a group started called Cruisin for a Losin 2011 if anyone wants to join in. It's NOT a closed group and we weigh in every Friday.Would love some more people to join for motivation and support. Send me a message if you are interested!