Gaining weight even w/ healthy eating and exercise??

Options
I have changed my diet drastically ever since I have been exercising. I eat much healthier now but the scale is telling me that i'm gaining weight! It's the most discouraging thing. I know it could be muscle, but i can see in my stomach that im not getting much results

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It would help if you opened up your diary.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    How is your calorie count?
    There is still the rule of too much of a good thing.

And muscle weighs the same as fat so if you were gaining muscle but losing the same amount of fat you would weigh the same.
  • Ldyonamission
    Options
    Remain calm we are our own worst critics. I had begun a walking regiment of 3-5 miles a day. I counted and measured all my foods and I had even started doing two workouts a day. Yet the scale only moved down approximately 4 pounds. I began to become discouraged because it was now going on 8 weeks without any signficant scale movement.

My youngest brother is a personal trainer and he kept telling me stop looking at the scale and watch your clothes and by the time i had hit my third month i was down 13 pounds. It does become discouraging by watching the scale but as long as your being true to yourself and your making that effort to work out and eat right the scale will move. Everyones body and results will always be different so do not feel discouraged just know that you've made the first steps towards good health and a lifestyle change makes you a winner already.

Lady!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    IS it that time of the month? We gain weight during that time. also you just started a few days ago(?) give it time. perhaps the other food you were eating before the healthy stuff went right through you?
  • livelovelexis
    Options
    Thankyou! &to everyone, I just joined so I am still working on my specific calorie count, so within a week I will see an average of how many calories i consume a day!

@Ldyonamission I will continue to work out! The scale is very deceiving, I have learned. I will definitively measure by how my clothes fit (:
  • livelovelexis
    Options
    I just got off my time of month, lol! But i will definitively put that into consideration!!