Sept Challenge! Calories burned for the month goal, let's SW

Options
Hi everyone!

So I took August off for challenges, I was facing a bit of personal challenges hat have gotten me down lately but a friend on here messaged me with sweet words and inspired me to start a new challenge for anyone that would like to refresh their workout and get their motivation back :)

I am going to go for 5,000 calories burned in the month of September myself, last time I did this challenge it was so fun and most of us attained our goal.

Checking in every day for me is best, keeps me accountable so I'm committing to that!

I will also be naming one thing that day that is positive, I'm happy about or grateful for to keep my spirts up, you're welcome to join me on that as well or just post your accumulated calorie burn number daily.

Day 1 - I'm happy I wore my workout clothes to work today, looking like a fool working in Beverly Hills because I've now been excited to work out all day long :)

Replies

• kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!!! I'll even make me a new ticker. =)
  • jeanie✰
    Options
    I'M IN!!!!
  • LaureeSolberg
    LaureeSolberg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl, first time to do this! exciting!
  • lanie25
    Options
    What a wonderful idea! Count me in!
  • amlady
    Options
    I'm in!!! New month, new plan!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!!!!!!!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea - count me in!
  • gigilovespaco
    gigilovespaco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Something to really hold me accountable & get me moving more.
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I've been sliding back into bad habits since coming back to school- oops!
  • Future_vision7
    Options
    Count me in!

:drinker:
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Go ahead and post your goal for the month and your current calories burned thus so far. I've been SO busy this is the first time I've been able to sit down at my computer so I'm catch up :)

Sept 1st - wore my workout clothes to work, had such a crappy day, no workout happened, wine up on my roof with my BF happened, haha moving on.

Sept 2nd - I did an hour of P90X Kempo! My positive note for today was that I had some positive work experiences which don't come often sadly. 257 calories burned!

Sept 3rd - I used my apartment gym for the first time, ran on the treadmill for 30 mins. My positive note for that day was the fact that I remained calm in an extremely heated situation and went and worked out afterwards to use my energy appropriately. 261 calories burned!

Sept 4th - Had a really good talk with the husband about our future <3 Plan on trying to make it to a Cardio Kickbox class at my gym all by myself. Already have my workout clothes on and will do that or Shoulders, Arms & Tris with Ab Ripper.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

518 down / 4,482 to go for the month of September!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Happy Labor Day MFPers!

Yesterday as promised, I did an hour of P90X yesterday and today I'm thoroughly sore... Even though I'm saddened by the fact that I have to work today, my positive thought for today is loving every single sore muscle that I have because it means I'm working out again regularly and plan to do Plyometrics tonight. :)

624 down / 4,376 to go
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I started off this morning with Plyometrics at 6:30am, feels great to be done for the day already! I have a long day at work but I know it will feel better knowing that my workout is already done since I know I'll be working late tonight..

How is everyone doing? I'd love to see your progress so far. I must admit it hasn't been easy to get back into the swing of things but having this group for support is really helping :)

972 down / 4.028 to go!
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 5,000. School is swamping me so if I burn that many I will be happy. So far this month I have burned 724 calories. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow though so I might be slacking next week :/
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    My goal is also 5,000. School is swamping me so if I burn that many I will be happy. So far this month I have burned 724 calories. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow though so I might be slacking next week :/

So far so good! Yikes, wisdom teeth, definitely rest until you're totally better, I remember when my husband had his pulled, it's no fun. Good luck!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    So Wednesday... so tired my eyes are swollen. Yesterday I did my workout all early, headed to work and didn't get home until 10:30pm... boss screaming all day, storming out and throwing things on the floor made it an uptight 11 hour workday.

This morning I slept in and it's looking like another one of those days... sigh which means no workout. IF I get home at a decent hour with some energy left, I'm going to do Back & Biceps + Ab Ripper.

My positive mention for this morning is that my breakfast consisted of (so far) watermelon and water and somehow that made me really happy. Especially since it very well could hit 100 degrees here today in LA :)

Hope you all are doing well, please post and update us if you have a moment, I would love to hear how you are all doing!
  • sloneill
    Options
    DO'IN IT DO'IN IT and DO'IN IT RIGHT! Let's calorie burn
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lets dooooooo this!! :) I'm already in a challenge but joining another one can't hurt right. :wink:

My goal for Sept will be....10,000.. woot! woot!

:laugh:

1,939/10,000 so far and I have yet to work out today.
    WOW! I thought I missed more days than that but I only missed two so far in Sept.. I totally thought I missed working out at least 4 days already.. Guess i was so busy I forgot I made time to exercise. lol :flowerforyou:
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    DO'IN IT DO'IN IT and DO'IN IT RIGHT! Let's calorie burn

LOL yeah baby!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Lets dooooooo this!! :) I'm already in a challenge but joining another one can't hurt right. :wink:

My goal for Sept will be....10,000.. woot! woot!

:laugh:

1,939/10,000 so far and I have yet to work out today.
    WOW! I thought I missed more days than that but I only missed two so far in Sept.. I totally thought I missed working out at least 4 days already.. Guess i was so busy I forgot I made time to exercise. lol :flowerforyou:

LOL! You're rockin it girl! Sometimes it takes a moment to see what you've done to finally realize that you've been doing great, which it looks like you have :)