how much weight did you gain or lose during lockdown?

Options

Replies

• eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 22 lbs in the last 3 months no gym all home workouts and really recording what I eat.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    stayed about the same but usually spring is when I kick my workouts into high gear and get extra motivated and usually make pretty decent gains. That didn't happen this spring.
  • patprince8
    patprince8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I gained 11 lbs. from March to June. Then I lost 16 lbs. from July to August. So overall, a net loss of 5 lbs. over the pandemic so far; and I plan to lose about 7 lbs. more.
  • patprince8
    patprince8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 36 pounds since my company gave us a work from home order in March.

Awesome! For me, I gained initially with remote/at-home work because I would be working on assignments all through the night, hardly getting enough sleep as I worked on learning new apps to transition to working from home. So it all added up to very intense stress that I poorly dealt with at first by eating extra high caloric (though oh so supper yummy) meals to soothe my nerves. But though I felt comforted temporarily, I started to look like Bruce Banner as he transformed into the Hulk as my clothes became tighter and tighter and eventually ripping on the upper inseam because of my growing thighs. That motivated me to start losing weight later in the pandemic, and I feel a lot more confident now because of it.
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I lost 27lbs through a lot of hard work! Did both Core De Force from Beachbody and Boxer Prime from Darebee.
  • orinta33
    orinta33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! I gain more then stone and a half! Lockdown -working from home near the fridge is not great idea 😂
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I gained about fifteen pounds during quarantine before deciding to cut that ish out! I commend all of you who've utilized this time to instead shed their excess weight and/or get fit. That's amazing. :o
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I put on about 6 kilos 🤫
  • jenjen3713
    jenjen3713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have gained about 12 pounds and I am currently doing my best to lose it. So far, I have lost 3 pounds.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I put on an insane amount of weight, about 7-8 kilos. My home office is in the kitchen and I was constantly traipsing up and down to the cupboards and fridge. Adding to that I drank way more alcohol than usual.
    Didn't wear my usual office wear either, but instead got some very comfy trackie bottoms and tops and I was perfectly happy pigging out.

Back in the office now and people are telling me how much they love my flowy dresses. There's a reason I wear them, I don't fit in my normal office wear anymore!

So hey ho, back on MFP we go and on a quest to get back to normal. Will keep the flowy dresses in my repertoire though.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I've lost 40 of a 41lb target since I got back to MFP at the beginning of January (yes, I'm a resolutioner!) Of those, 18lb were before lockdown, 22lb during/after. I was lucky in that I already had my focus on losing the weight, and I was able to manipulate my own circumstances during lockdown to help achieve my goals. I'm so close to my 2020 goal now, I can taste it!
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1-2lbs (depending on the day) so not much of a change, I've been MUCH more active though and have a lot more muscle definition
  • mistybellevue
    mistybellevue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost less than I should have since I had my baby during lockdown. I normally look nearly normal straight after with my other children this time I’m still overweight it’s gross. I love my baby girl though she’s perfect that’s the most important.
    My husband was home a lot so he’s asking for pancakes more and ordering pizzas :) that and all the changes in my normal routine eg. we moved state while I was pregnant and I used to be able to walk to the gym so I went all the time but here I have to drive. So not all covid related.
  • CloverDemeter
    CloverDemeter Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people lost during quarantine, but not me! I gained about 20 pounds and essentially put back all the weight I lost last year. Bummed, but if there's one thing 2020 has taught me, it's to keep on keeping on. So I'm back at it!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Mid-March thru June 1 while I was working from home I lost about 3 lbs on the scale but improved my body composition from 14.8% to 11.9% (per Skulpt scanner). 10/10 would love to work from home indefinitely but my employer is a bit too old school for that.
  • Paul_Ingy
    Paul_Ingy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I gained 8 deliberate pounds in my quest for more muscle. I have to say "lockdown" has been great from a goal plan perspective. Lucky enough to have a home gym.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at all of you that have lost weight with the lockdown! Kudos to you!

I got really sloppy, drank a lot more wine, gained 20 pounds, and can't seem to get back on track.
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    As a healthcare worker I am busy at work loss 22lbs,did better than if the gyms was open. I usually exercise outside when the weather gets warm gyms gets too crowded with people on the machines just sitting and talking on their phones, which annoyed the**kitten** out of me.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Stable because I take care of how much I'm eating. I'm maintaining, btw.