Chloe ting summer shred 2020

Options
started this week completed day 3 and omg loving rest day tomorrow. I have around 70lbs to lose.(well see how I feel after that).. anyone else in my boat? I'm aching all over, taking extra breaks and doing the mods as much as possible but I feel like I'm doing something atleast!! So any one already doing it or want to join me?

Will post my starting weight and measurements if any takers!!

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    No exercise program will help you lose weight unless you consume fewer calories than you burn.

Yes, it's all about the calories. Exercising can increase the number of calories you burn in a day but not as many as most people assume. If you find exercise increases your appetite, you can easily eat enough to gain weight while exercising.

The ONLY thing that correlates with weight loss is eating fewer calories than you use.

Rather than trying an exercise method that is too hard for you, start with a more reasonable program and eat at a calorie deficit. I wouldn't be the least surprised if your current aches and pains from the Chloe Ting program doesn't result in weight gain from water retention in those aching muscles.
  • keelzamy
    keelzamy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I dont remember asking for calorie advise? Thanks for the insight... I am aware I need a cal deficit... mfp has me at 1260. I hit that or just over pretty much everyday, with not eating back exercise cals I'm good thanks. I've already dropped a good bit of weight before this and enjoy the challenge of chloe tings workout... no weight gain bit a nice few inches and pounds down, I have scales that give me my fat water bill ect. 8 days in muscles are aching less and less so pretty sure its just getting movement back into them... and most people I know get aches after starting a new exercise plan.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    keelzamy wrote: »
    I dont remember asking for calorie advise? Thanks for the insight... I am aware I need a cal deficit... mfp has me at 1260. I hit that or just over pretty much everyday, with not eating back exercise cals I'm good thanks. I've already dropped a good bit of weight before this and enjoy the challenge of chloe tings workout... no weight gain bit a nice few inches and pounds down, I have scales that give me my fat water bill ect. 8 days in muscles are aching less and less so pretty sure its just getting movement back into them... and most people I know get aches after starting a new exercise plan.

MFP has you at 1260 but, if you're not eating back your exercise calories, you are actually eating considerably less than 1200 calories a day, which is under-eating and potentially dangerous. MFP is designed that you log your exercise separately and eat those calories. You'll feel fine, until suddenly you don't. There are plenty of people who have posted on here about the effects this has.
  • keelzamy
    keelzamy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm bot eating back ALL of them Md this isn't what this thread was opened for... so thanks but I'm good as I am.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating a fair percentage (~75%) of them, that's fine. But as you seem uninterested, I'll stop expressing any concern for someone who seems quite young and is potentially eating a dangerously low level of calories without realising the impact it can have on your health.

The reason you have had anyone wanting to join you is that most people are simply using MFP as designed, taking things slowly, not trying to lose more than 1% of their body weight per week, learning which foods keep them satiated and nourished and trying to lose weight sustainably. Most are not following a fad summer video on YouTube.

It's great that you're doing 'something' if you are 70lbs overweight, but an exercise programme isn't going to have you losing weight unless you're also eating properly, as Heidi says, although it'll help tone you up. But please think about why MFP doesn't set anyone a lower figure than 1200 and think about the fact that MFP is designed for you to eat your exercise calories. Your heart is the most important muscle you have - don't wreck it by under-eating.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get involved with Chloe Tings workouts. I've tried them before and found them too difficult though, I think I need to build up my general fitness levels first. Good luck though!